Does your Bulldog talk...ALOT?

BoldDeGuard

Aug 4, 2014
Montana
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir BoldDeGuard
Hello all, Bolders mom here. I just have to ask, being a first time bully mama. Does your baby talk? Constantly? Bolder has something to say at all times. He is SO vocal, I've never heard a dog quite like him. He just turned 10. weeks, is VERY secure with everything and everyone.
He will sit for long periods of time chatting with a toy or chew, he sits at my feet and squeaks. He chats, squeaks, barks, purrs, growls as his normal vocal range. Any play is with a wide range of sounds also. In his kennel for naps I'll put him in and he collapses on his back, but will talk for 10 minutes till he falls asleep. Is this a normal trait? I LOVE it, and I think it's helping my shy pup that used to cower from growling or barking dogs. But it scares me sometimes too, I think he's dying or bleeding to death in the other room and i run like mad to find him telling of a ball or bone or something silly what he thinks :excited: What about your kids?

mo77511

Jan 23, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sukie and Tucker
if my boy is quite it scares me LOL and he almost 3
my girl was very vocal as a pup but only barks/growls when she wants something or at the TV. she is going to be 4 in Dec

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Nina. I have one of each. My female Blossom is very vocal, she whines for everything she wants, food, treats, food, lol and to go outside, and she is talks to us, it's hilarious. She will bark when she hears sounds outside, or if someone comes to the door. My male Bulldozer doesn't make a sound, he never barks or whines. He's so laid back and just goes with the flow. He just lets his sister be the boss, and follows her schedule. When she wants out, he goes out with her.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
My Bentley boy barks at the wind and anything that startles him. Jewelie girl is quiet for the most part.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie is very vocal, we call her the walking mouth. Brutus barely makes a noise...he's more action. LOL.

OP
B

BoldDeGuard

Aug 4, 2014
Montana
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir BoldDeGuard
Wow, so it's not really a bully thing then. I don't mind at all, it keeps me laughing all day long. But it's rubbing off on my lab too, she talks back in play now, so funny to watch them talking away. Luckly we live in the country so their caterwauling won't bother neighbors.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
One of my EBD's is the most vocal dog I've ever had! She will play all by herself-if no one else wants to play. She did this as a little puppy-carrying on like she was hurt-and I would go running thinking she was caught somewhere, and she was just rolling around playing with a toy. She still does this and the older she gets, the louder it gets. She yips and growls and hollars and rolls around on the coolaroo, kicking her legs up! It would make a great video!!

OP
B

BoldDeGuard

Aug 4, 2014
Montana
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir BoldDeGuard
Funny :). I hope Bolder keeps it up, but YES, he freaks me out with his injured sound too. I go running to find a plush toy is getting the best out of him. lol, and he has been doing something new also. He will scream his injured sound, run then lookat his butt. Im wondering if it might be gas, I gently poked him and made a fart sound and he freaked. :w00t:

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
Oh that is so funny . My boy only makes noise when he wants something .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Izzy hardly ever barks or makes sounds. Only when she sleeps.. then she snores like a bear! Thats why her name changed from Izzy to Izzy Bear!

We want to see videos of your baby!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, several of mine are more vocal then the others. They are too funny.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My girl Banks is very vocal and always has been.

Marubadu

Jul 27, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sammy
John Snow barks at things that startle him. Fast movements, things that are out of place. He acts tough but if confront him he'll run away.
He does have a very sweet squeek he makes when he wants more loving.

OP
B

BoldDeGuard

Aug 4, 2014
Montana
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir BoldDeGuard
John Snow barks at things that startle him. Fast movements, things that are out of place. He acts tough but if confront him he'll run away.
He does have a very sweet squeek he makes when he wants more loving.

LOL, LOVE John Snow, BoldDeGuards name is my made up GOT name...... Sir Bold the Guard in French ;-) I imagine he'd be Arryas Knight she is searching for.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online