More loving - male or female

Do you feel the male or female bully is more loving?

• Female more loving

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Texxdave

Sep 9, 2013
Rosharon, TX (S. of Houston)
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bindy
My female Bully , Sookie, recently past and I'm searching for a new best friend. She was incredibly loving from the moment I adopted her. I will never have another breed dog. I have found over my life that it seems my female dogs have been more loving but Sookie was my only Bully. So I was wondering if those how have had both if you had an opinion as to which was more loving ?
1 for male
2 for female

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi Dave -- sorry for the loss of your sweet Sookie. I selected male, because I have had both, but my male was an incredible cuddle and loved just being with me. Our girl, Banks is almost 9 yrs old and very dominate so she is not much for cuddling or snuggles unless you are a child --- she LOVES children. i think all pups are different and you have to find the right personality pup that meets your needs

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I can not vote on this as I have only had a male and he is loving but can also be a little tight with it too.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
1 i would say male -having had both (not bulldogs) boy and a girl i can honestly say girls cam be divas at time -but both are loving the same xx

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Texas Dave. I have male and female. They are both great and both have different personalities that their mom and dad dearly love.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have owned both, and I would have to say my males were more loving towards me. BUT I have to say that it depends… our Bella adored my hubby so maybe it's that male/female attachment thing.

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
I have a male and he's my snuggler- but it could be cause he loves his mommy and acts like an idiot when I leave. My female chihuahua is snuggle bunny too but she's bonded most to me. So I think it's just finding a fiy

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I had males growing up and have had both male and female all my adult life. I personally prefer females but that is just me. I would love them all the same.

OP
T

Texxdave

Sep 9, 2013
Rosharon, TX (S. of Houston)
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bindy
Thanks for all the input. I have to say I'm surprised at the poll . I expected to see female ahead. I will let y'all know I plan to really get a feel for the bully to pick one regardless of the sex. I will post a pic of Sookie soon. I will never replace her but hope to find a close to as loving new friend.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
It depends on the dog. If diesel wants something he's nice. If he don't he just looks and goes back to sleep.
Paisley and Nula are only daft pups do there loving / like to bite your ears.

kyle7272

Aug 18, 2014
Definitely male having had both my male loves to cuddle and the girl just wants to play

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Molly (Female) is very loving... but on her terms. You cant force her to sit by you if she isn't in the mood.

Kevin (Male) is a snuggling mooch... He's happiest laying on top of somebody (feet, lap, legs, face.. doesn't matter).

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
I have only my first bully is a boy and he's not very loveing he just plays or wants his bottom scratched .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
So sorry for your loss..in my experience with my male and female is my male is way more of a snuggler and loves to be loved on.My girl not so much she is the alpha of the two.She's lovable but on her terms.lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I have never had a female dog and Goob is my first bulldog. HE IS A LOVE BUG!!! Never leaves my side, sleeps ON me, wants to share my chair, when he lays on the floor his head rests on my foot...He is THE most loving dog I have ever had.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online