One year old size

djalex23

Oct 29, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Hey everyone. My Zoey is one year old. She is eating Fromm twice a day for a total of 2 to 2 and 1/2 cups of food. She is very hyper. Will fixing her calm her down? Also is she okay size wise? Thanks.
yha2yrug.jpg
yjaqu6at.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@djalex23 My last pup was the most hyper EB pup I have ever had-and the most vocal! She was spayed in June-and that is when she turned a year old. She is finally starting to settle down-but she has 3 others to play with. Sometimes when they are sleeping, and she feels like playing, she will roll around on the coolaroo bed with a toy, and holler and carry on like she is wrestling with someone! She has settled down alot-the past few months,though. I think the settling comes more with age than spay,but exercise plays a big part! If not planning on breeding-life is easier with a spayed female. She looks pretty good in the pictures. She has a look on her face just like my hyper!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She looks great nice defined waist line! Spay might calm her some, but not a whole lot... Every pup is different

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She is a pretty girl and looks fine. She will settle down when she gets closer to 4 years old. You have to watch her weight as once she gets older she will need less food. We feed FROMM and our adult girls we only feed 3/4 cup twice a day. She is young yet and will work off the food you are giving so the amount is about right for now.

OP
D

djalex23

Oct 29, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Thanks you all. My daughter is like why isn't she fat lol. I figured she was okay but you know kids they never believe their parents.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Looking really good and fit, age over spay for settling down the hard part for you will be keeping her calm after being spayed

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
I have also heard that bulldogs calm down at some point... I'm beginning to believe this is a myth! Molly will be 3 in October but she's still hell-on-paws crazy. We didn't notice any slowdown after she was fixed.

My suggestion is to get a 2nd one.. Two crazy dogs cancel each other out (wear each other down) :w00t:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online