Limping issue

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Before , a vet visit any suggestion what I can do ? I put ice on the hind right leg. She appears to be walking w a limp. I have no idea how this happened . Thank you in advance

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
The same thing happened to Jewel. First trip to the vet and it was anti inflammatory and pain med coupled with rest. She got better we thought but after playing still had a limp. We went back to the vet to have Jewel examined under anesthesia. She had x-rays and a inconclusive "drawer" sign. We were referred to a orthopedic vet. Jewel was diagnosed with an acl tear. She is now 1 week post op TPLO surgery.

Go see your vet. I hope it is not serious. I will send positive thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Christine Baker

Aug 12, 2014
I would suggest going to see your vet - my bully - Scarlett - had the same kind of issue and we had to go see an orthopedic vet and they said it is common for bulldogs to have leg issues (specifically the knee pops out of place or something to this effect). It can require surgery so I would def go get it checked out!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I forgot how old is Pork Chop? Sometimes with young pups it cN be growing pains, but older dogs you need to watch for the ACL tears

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I forgot how old is Pork Chop? Sometimes with young pups it cN be growing pains, but older dogs you need to watch for the ACL tears

She just turned 5 in July. We will go see the vet. I discovered it last night when a neighbor noticed her walking . I noticed a couple of days ago she wasn't walking far thought weird , then she would sit and rest off/on the short distance walk.

Until last night it all came about. I hope it is not serious.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The same thing happened to Jewel. First trip to the vet and it was anti inflammatory and pain med coupled with rest. She got better we thought but after playing still had a limp. We went back to the vet to have Jewel examined under anesthesia. She had x-rays and a inconclusive "drawer" sign. We were referred to a orthopedic vet. Jewel was diagnosed with an acl tear. She is now 1 week post op TPLO surgery.

Go see your vet. I hope it is not serious. I will send positive thoughts for a speedy recovery.

Thank you we need positive thoughts :)

They are sensitive our babies. Sounds like Jewel had been on journey with recovering from surgery , I hope she's better.

She could have sprain her hind leg when she jumped on the sofa one of my million guesses. That was the last thing she did rare she doesn't normally make a habit of it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She just turned 5 in July. We will go see the vet. I discovered it last night when a neighbor noticed her walking . I noticed a couple of days ago she wasn't walking far thought weird , then she would sit and rest off/on the short distance walk.

Until last night it all came about. I hope it is not serious.

It could also be arthritis starting up.... My girl has had it since about 4, I think and she is going to be 9 in a few weeks

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It could also be arthritis starting up.... My girl has had it since about 4, I think and she is going to be 9 in a few weeks

Weird , I started her on joint strong supplements. I give her coconut oil and Apple Cider vinegar daily.

I understand eventually health issues show up no matter how healthy they can be . I put ice in it last night just to hold up for the weekend before going to the vet.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How is your Pork Chop today?

She's a lot better. Thank you for asking :) I noticed " terp" at the end of your name by any chance you an interpreter or is it the sports team terp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
She's a lot better. Thank you for asking :) I noticed " terp" at the end of your name by any chance you an interpreter or is it the sports team terp?

We are glad to hear she is doing better. I am sitting at Camden Yards waiting for the better half as Jewel gets her stitches removed today.

Terp refers to Maryland Terrapins. But since they are now part of the Big 10...name will change to Big 10 spankboys. Lol

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We are glad to hear she is doing better. I am sitting at Camden Yards waiting for the better half as Jewel gets her stitches removed today.

Terp refers to Maryland Terrapins. But since they are now part of the Big 10...name will change to Big 10 spankboys. Lol

I use terp in my name and often get mistaken for the Maryland Terps. I am a Sign Language interpreter:).

Hope Jewel will be ok and sending her well wishes.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I use terp in my name and often get mistaken for the Maryland Terps. I am a Sign Language interpreter:).

Hope Jewel will be ok and sending her well wishes.

Thank you for the well wishes. Again, we are glad Pork Chop is doing better.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.