agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
2 months ago I got my friend a bulldog. The bulldog Wulma had 2 miscarriages and if the dog cannot make money the dog must go. My mate told she she's trying to hump him all the time. I told him it's a dominance thing that when she does it to have the trusted tin can to shake. He says it don't work.
Any ideas will be helpful

Jj

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Are you saying if the bulldog doesn't have babies he's getting rid of her?!! PLEASE tell me this isn't the case… :cursing: I have head that humping is a dominance thing, I have NO idea how you can stop it unless you redirect behavior.

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Are you saying if the bulldog doesn't have babies he's getting rid of her?!! PLEASE tell me this isn't the case… :cursing: I have head that humping is a dominance thing, I have NO idea how you can stop it unless you redirect behavior.

No. Not my friend. A breeder I know, so I took the dog and gave it to my friend. Now wulma is humping him.
The breeder wanted 500 for her. We paid and left

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Tell him to use the training technique 'Nothing in life is free' ... she needs to know he is alpha --- humpy can be over excitment or dominance...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Has she had a vet check. She also could have a uterine infection. Humping could be a side effect, but as others have said-also dominance, nervous excitement, If he has not had her too long-nerves,needing reassurance. [MENTION=6047]jimmyjj[/MENTION]

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I ll have a word tomorrow as he's at the wedding. I wouldn't put it past the poor dog to have infection.....
I truly believe the cold type infection my dogs got was from her.

Feb 19, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Georgie Girl
Our Miss Georgie Girl is the "Humping Queen"! She is 6yrs old now. We had her spade at 2yrs old thinking that would stop it, but alas, it is just her thing! So, we bought her a soft cudly stuffed bulldog that she drags around and humps when she is so inclined. She does not hump people. She tends to have certain times she favors this activity. After dinner and when we work out in the gym.

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Molly will 'Dominance' hump Kevin every now and then. Mostly when Kevin realizes he's almost twice her weight... and he thinks... 'maybe she cant just come over and take my Nylabone any time she wants'... 'I could crush her like a grape!!'.. 'maybe this time im going to stand up to her and go take my bone back!'

Next thing you know the furniture is all tipped over and the kids are asking what Molly is doing to Kevin. A quick clap of the hands and its all over.... but someday Kevin is going to get his chew toy back!!

Members online

No members online now.