Energy Level--4 Months Old

HoustonBullyLover

Aug 5, 2014
Houston, Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
I just joined EBN a week ago but I'm on my 3rd post already! New puppy, can you tell? LOL

So, Rocky was born April 18th. He weighs 25lbs. His Mama is around 58lbs and Daddy 55lbs.

In an earlier post I mentioned that Rocky was lazy. Another member said that was a concern at being

4 months old. He should be full of pep/energy. Now, I'm worried.

Rocky seems happy and does enjoy playing but honestly I think he finds walking and running to be cumbersome.

Actually, I don't think I've seen him run...he's trotted kind of. Now he loves his chewy and will lay on his bed and

chew on that thing like crazy. He's got those sharp puppy teeth and wants to chew on our hands all the time. He loves

our older mix breed dog and will follow her around all day. He's constantly trying to get her to play with him. He slobers all over her.

No, he does not get excited to go outside. He's kind of like "ok" and

follows our older dog out. He moves slowly but I don't know if that's because he's lazy or due to our tiled floors. I've noticed

all 4 legs slip and go out from under him sometimes on our tiled floor. I was watching some youtube videos of bullies his age

and they do seem wilder than him. Is it just his personality? We love him but I want to make sure he is healthy. The vet

didn't say anything to us or question us about his energy level. She said heart and lungs sounded great.

Thoughts?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sounds like it is just his personality.... my boy was like that and he would only have short energy runs in him that were few and far between. He only got real excited for certain things (car rides, visitors) never cared much for other dogs or running - walks were more like slug-walks, he moved very slow and we at times called him Eeyore

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I just joined EBN a week ago but I'm on my 3rd post already! New puppy, can you tell? LOL
So, Rocky was born April 18th. He weighs 25lbs. His Mama is around 58lbs and Daddy 55lbs.

In an earlier post I mentioned that Rocky was lazy. Another member said that was a concern at being

4 months old. He should be full of pep/energy. Now, I'm worried.

Rocky seems happy and does enjoy playing but honestly I think he finds walking and running to be cumbersome.

Actually, I don't think I've seen him run...he's trotted kind of. Now he loves his chewy and will lay on his bed and

chew on that thing like crazy. He's got those sharp puppy teeth and wants to chew on our hands all the time. He loves

our older mix breed dog and will follow her around all day. He's constantly trying to get her to play with him. He slobers all over her.

No, he does not get excited to go outside. He's kind of like "ok" and

follows our older dog out. He moves slowly but I don't know if that's because he's lazy or due to our tiled floors. I've noticed

all 4 legs slip and go out from under him sometimes on our tiled floor. I was watching some youtube videos of bullies his age

and they do seem wilder than him. Is it just his personality? We love him but I want to make sure he is healthy. The vet

didn't say anything to us or question us about his energy level. She said heart and lungs sounded great.

Thoughts?

Goob was born on May 7, 2012 and he was given to me as an engagement present on July 27, 2012 making him about 12 weeks old. When we first got him, he was pretty relaxed. He wasn't too hyper and would occasionally play but he preferred to sleep. Once he was about 5/6 months old...it was like shark week at our house. He wasn't content sleeping the day away anymore. He was running, biting (playfully), chewing, jumping, and nosey about everything. He was our little shadow after that and we had to WEAR HIM OUT just to keep our own sanity:). I don't know enough about bulldog health to say whether or not you should be concerned...all I know is Goob's inner beast came out when he was a little older:). 2011-07-18 12.20.21.jpg <The first day I saw my baby.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.