Ugh Potty Training a Lazy Bully

HoustonBullyLover

Aug 5, 2014
Houston, Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Please tell me I am not the only one struggling with potty training!

Rocky is basically too lazy to get up and walk to the door. I don't expect him to have it all figured out yet but
for pete's sake he ought to be able to get up and follow me to the door. He's so lazy he just looks at me while
he lays on his bed.

When he does finally decide to get up he lumbers to the door. Seriously, it takes forever for him to get there.
I'm guessing its the fat awkward clumsy stage for bullies?

I look at that face with the tongue hanging out and then I forgive him for his laziness.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Uhm… Okay… First of all how old is your bulldog? It can take them awhile to become fully potty trained. I'm not sure what you mean by the "fat awkward clumsy stage" for bullies… Bulldogs are short & stocky by design, so they are meant to be on the large side. And bulldogs are notoriously stubborn… most of us consider this one of their endearing traits.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I totally agree with [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] its endearing. I have to get my wife to get Buster to go outside sometimes,.

OP
H

HoustonBullyLover

Aug 5, 2014
Houston, Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
Rocky was born April 18th so almost 4 months old. He's truly just a beginner. We've only had him for a week. The clumsy I'm talking about it is like his legs spreading out onto his belly when he walks across the tiled floor etc. But he is lazy. Puppy lazy I guess.

I grew up with a bulldog but that was 30 years ago. I have forgotten much about them.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get him excited about going outside. He has snubbed the treats I offered him. He just prefer his rawhide chewy and his kong.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Potty training is no fun. The best thing on potty training or anything is joining EBN. We found listening to the EBN members have helped tremendously. We also found having a set schedule helps. The boys are five months old. Weesie let's them out before she goes to bed 1:00am, I get up and let them out at 4:30am, Weesie before she goes to work at 9:00am, Weesie around noon at lunch, Weesie again at 3:00pm-4:00pm then I get home at 6:00pm and we alternate when they go to the door. Then start all over again at 1:00am. We have had one number one accident last week and no number two's in a month. I have to almost drag them out at 4:30am but no accidents. Everyone's system will be different. This is just ours. Good luck....Ralphie

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
A 4 month old pup should be full of pep, and wanting to play and go outside. I don't think I have ever seen a 4 month old that didn't want to get up or be excited about anything. Potty training can take awhile, but I would be concerned about him being so lazy at his age.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.