A little nervous...

Jacqueline Amanda

Apr 21, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
On Friday my bully was as active as can be even getting him self in to trouble getting into things he shouldn't like bathroom garbage dirty laundry and running a muck in my house. Well later that night he went into his crate cause we were all going to bed. We woke yesterday morning to him not so active and just wanting to lay around he played a little but not as much as he normally does. He did eat and drink well and has used the bathroom well. Today its the same as yesterday very slow moving not so active. I was wondering if maybe its growing pains?? He kinda walking around like an old man. This bully momma is a little nervous. Im also trying to reach the emergency vet but not such luck. His vets office isn't open till tomorrow morning...any ideas??

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I could be a lot of things. You mentioned garbage and dirty laundry.... Two things bullies love to snack on. He may have eaten either some garbage or an article of clothing that has given him an upset tummy. Eating and drinking are good signs. If he gets to where he won't eat or drink or has nothing but explosive runny poo then get him to the vet for a possible obstruction. if he did eat something depending on what it is he will either puke it up or pass it in his poo. My Harlea loves to eat socks. The first one she ate she puked up the same day and teh second one she didn't puke up for almost 2 weeks.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree with [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION], I would watch him today and if he doesn't improve by tomorrow take him to the vet. Any vomiting or diarrhea?

OP
J

Jacqueline Amanda

Apr 21, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
nope...hes going to the bathroom fine everything is coming out normal...I'm also wondering if maybe it cause my son has gone to his dads house for the week? Do they get depressed?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yes they do. I was gone all last week and Harlea moped around the entire time until I got home.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
nope...hes going to the bathroom fine everything is coming out normal...I'm also wondering if maybe it cause my son has gone to his dads house for the week? Do they get depressed?

Absolutely, bulldogs really do get stressed when things change. Hopefully that is all it is, as long as he is still eating and drinking and shows no other symptoms I wouldn't worry just yet. If he continues to act out of the ordinary trust your gut and have him seen.

OP
J

Jacqueline Amanda

Apr 21, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
he seems to be doing a lil better i took a shower and he ended up fallowing me in (I have a walk in shower) and i messaged him and washed his body and he seems to be a lil more active not much but a lil bit more...i also trimmed his nails and he doesnt seem to be walking around like an old man so much still a little bit but not so much...i love my bully like hes my child and i get nervous with him just like i do my son but the ER for people is always open but the emergency vet isnt always around...hes even playing with his tennis ball a little bit as i am typing right now

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hopefully Meatball will continue to improve and be back to his usual self again soon, [MENTION=11660]Jacqueline Amanda[/MENTION]! I know how worrisome it is when our bullies act of the ordinary for them. Is it warm/hot where you live? could be the weather affecting him. Sometimes my boy Tate will act very sluggish and all he wants to do is lay around and sleep. And yes, dogs and especially bulldogs, are so sensitive to stressors and changes in their life so the fact that your son is gone may be causing Meatball to feel a little down in the dumps. Give him a big hug from us!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think you hit the nail on the head, once your son comes back home, I bet he is back to normal.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

they sure do.... a lot of Bulldogs are OCD and very routine, one small change can cause them to be out of sorts. Is Meatball attached to your son?

OP
J

Jacqueline Amanda

Apr 21, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
Meatball and my son are touch and go lol. its like they are best friends one day and then the next they aren't. this is the first time hes moped around after hes left. but today is a much better day. he's very playful today, but there are moments of depression and pouting. he also keeps walking to my sons room and peaks his head in and then comes back all pouty and looks at me like "wheres my boy at mom?" with his head cocked and everything. but like i said before today is a much better day!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Meatball and my son are touch and go lol. its like they are best friends one day and then the next they aren't. this is the first time hes moped around after hes left. but today is a much better day. he's very playful today, but there are moments of depression and pouting. he also keeps walking to my sons room and peaks his head in and then comes back all pouty and looks at me like "wheres my boy at mom?" with his head cocked and everything. but like i said before today is a much better day!!

definitely sounds like he is missing him...

OP
J

Jacqueline Amanda

Apr 21, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
IMG_20140725_215846.jpg
he even let me dress him today!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
What a Beautiful Baby all dressed up. Hope he is feeling all better. Love and Kisses To Meatball.

OP
J

Jacqueline Amanda

Apr 21, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
**UPDATE** Meatball is doing wonderful!! He's back to his active self again and getting into mischief!! He got a lot better when his boy came home a couple days ago. Must have been depression lol. I def miss him being calm tho! It was nice not having to make sure he wasn't rummaging in the garbage!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online