Help!! My bully yells when getting up

CHRISM

Aug 5, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Beau and cotton
Hey im new to the site i have a 2 year old english bulldog and for the past few days sometimes when he gets up from laying down he lets out this loud yell like hes in pain. Ive checked over him and put pressure pressing on his legs & ribs & back everything & he doesnt do it. Does anyone know of what it is? Aside from that hes pretty healthy hes not over weight or anything & im worried about the guy

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
my 2 year old did that the other day I think he played to much and his muscles where sore that's all I can think of he would yell when he got up but then would walk fine everything was fine I think its like when you get shin splints or something like that it scared me so bad I gave him an baby aspirin and the next day he was fine

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Not really sure how to advise you -but i think it is worth taking him to the vet for a check up - mine never done it xx

OP
C

CHRISM

Aug 5, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Beau and cotton
Thats how mine has been for the past 2 days when he gets up he would yell then he was fine. But today its bad he wont even get up and when he tries he yells. And i wanted to know about what to do or to tell the vet because the vet around here will do everything but treat whats really wrong with him and then charge me 500 dollars for the visit.. Literally.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Thats how mine has been for the past 2 days when he gets up he would yell then he was fine. But today its bad he wont even get up and when he tries he yells. And i wanted to know about what to do or to tell the vet because the vet around here will do everything but treat whats really wrong with him and then charge me 500 dollars for the visit.. Literally.

Im so sorry your bully is hurting. If it were me, I would take him to the vet, even if that means I get taken. Maybe you can call the vet, see what they think, and then take him in?? I would rather lose the money than possibly lose Goob. Keep us posted. I am praying for you both.

OP
C

CHRISM

Aug 5, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Beau and cotton
Ya i think im about to because i just tried to kind of help him up to his feet & he screamed so loud and now his body is idk like tensing up kind of like twitching

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Definitely needs to be seem by a vet. Maybe try a new one but get him in, it could be a serious thing.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Ya i think im about to because i just tried to kind of help him up to his feet & he screamed so loud and now his body is idk like tensing up kind of like twitching

Good call, let us know what they say and again...we will be praying.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could arthritis kicking in which can be very painful... My girl has it in her spine and we can tell when she is in more pain than normal. She has had it since around 2.. She will be 9 next month and we manage it all with meds and laser therapy.

let us know how the vet visit goes

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Welcome to EBN:) sorry your baby is hurting:( It can a few things so a vet is probably the only one that can really see what's going on. If you don't trust your vet maybe there is another one you can take him to? It's nothing worse than a vet who's only after the money and cares nothing for the animal:fie:. There are a couple of bulldog rescues in Texas, maybe you can phone them and ask if they can recommend a good bulldog vet?

I hope it's something simple, let us know how it goes<3

mikesbandit

Feb 21, 2014
Hey im new to the site i have a 2 year old english bulldog and for the past few days sometimes when he gets up from laying down he lets out this loud yell like hes in pain. Ive checked over him and put pressure pressing on his legs & ribs & back everything & he doesnt do it. Does anyone know of what it is? Aside from that hes pretty healthy hes not over weight or anything & im worried about the guy

My first Bully did that. Vet said it may be 'growing pains' and told me to give him a couple of TUMS a day (calcium supplementation in TUMS). Worked like a charm.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online