I'm a bad bulldog mommy, rope is bigger than I thought. :(

hbwright

Jul 2, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Margot
First off, after contract is sent in, Margot will officially be a part of the family, so you were all right. Lol No surprise there.

But, we were spending time out on the porch today just sitting and chilling and I noticed her rope looked dirty so we went in for a washing and when I did I really got in there (I never noticed it dirty before) and dug deep. It goes in so much further than I ever expected. I almost felt like I was going to hurt her it goes so deep down towards the nose. But, I got it cleaned out and used the medicine they gave me for when we first got her and the folds were infected. Now I know to keep it nice and cleaned out way deep down in there. :( So, she's been here for a month and it's never been cleaned that deep until just now.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww it's okay, you didn't know. Margot knows you're a good bully mommy, and you take great care of her. She'll be okay.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Dont be to hard on yourself -bulldogs are for most of us here constant learning curve - you are a good bully momma xx

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
All good... we learn as we go! Give her big hugs and lots of treats ....

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Isn't it crazy how deep they go? A good way to check it is to actually lift the skin in their forehead up, you can really see all the way in that way. And I agree with the above posters, you may find other crevices and their wrinkles sometimes change too!

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I did the same with Henry except I cleaned his nose rope but never realized the crease on the side of his nose until it was red. I learn more as it goes. I'm thinking in a year or two I may have this all down! Lol I have learned a lot since we got Henry and I earn more every day.

OP
H

hbwright

Jul 2, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Margot
Thank you all. Sigh. I don't feel so bad. It think it is more like what I would call the nasolabial fold. There is her rope that goes above the nose, and then this is kind of hidden way under there, on each side of the nose, kind of like a pocket inside a pocket. It was all gunky. I got in there this morning and it is not raw or red so I think she's okay as far as any potential infection. She is just so darn fragile still that I want her to be as healthy as possible to fight off all that is going on in her body. Maybe it is something that just kind of appeared if the folds, pockets, and wrinkles do change. That would make me feel better so I'm going to go with that one. ;) Her contract is now on the way to NY so I consider her all mine. Even told the kids last night. :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
its all good the depth and size of the folds will change dramatically as she grows over the next several years.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online