Bringing puppy home next week--Crate confusion

Percilus

Jul 26, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I am trying to find the best crate for our male bulldog. We bring him home in about 2 weeks. I found http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Dog-C...pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var&hash=item46123c166fbut I am unsure if that will work for us. I also found http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OX64P8 .

Any help from the folks here would be great! I have asked the breeder about almost everything and they are SUPER helpful but I hate to keep asking the questions about stuff all the time so I thought I could ask here instead.

AmandaPeterson

Feb 10, 2014
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor Rigby aka. Ellie 4 years and Beaux who is 4months.
We have a simple metal or wire crate like your second example that has a removable or adjustable piece/divider inside to make the space smaller or larger. This helps with potty training as well. We have moved our divider as the dog grows. You don't want to give them more space than they need.

OP
P

Percilus

Jul 26, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Do there is no need for those uber expensive cages?

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Go with the apartments. They have worked great with the boys.

boxorox

Jul 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
We have one like in the Ebay link. That's a good price.
Though Ruby likes to sleep on the bare plastic tray, it's too noisy. We put a bathroom rug down in it. It has the rubber backing so it doesn't slide its quiet and soaked up the one accident she had.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The amazon link is the crate I use for my two... only difference is I have the 36'

OP
P

Percilus

Jul 26, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Thanks everyone! I was thinking I needed the 42 inch, I'll get the 36 inch tomorrow. Now to sort out the food situation...

OP
P

Percilus

Jul 26, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
OK we went with Taste of the wild pacific stream puppy formula(grain free). I only got a 15 pound bag, this is close to the brand the breeder was using(who is awesome btw).

Most Reactions