Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will my baby miss me?

Default Will my baby miss me?

I got a divorce a while ago and my ex is. moving with the dog. (I can't have him where I live) and I am so freaking sad, I cry every day because I miss him so much my heart aches, and I don't know if he is wondering where I am... I don't want him to be sad as me. Will he be ok? He is my baby. and I.don't know how to stop missing him.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Will my baby miss me?

@amelyza I am so sorry for you. I am sure he misses you,too-but sometimes the dogs adjust better than we do. If he is getting good care, and you know that-and he will be with his "daddy" whom he has been with, he will miss you-but he will probably be okay.>> If you move to another place-do you have a chance of getting him back?
    It will take time for you to adjust to being without him. Hopefully you at least will know that he has a good home. But to you, it hurts just as much as a death. You will never stop missing him, but in time it will not hurt as much. Hoping time will ease your pain.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I totally agree with Lynn, he'll be ok. Im so sorry it worked out that way.

I hope he is doing better than me. He is well taken care of, but I miss him so much. I will make my peace thinking that he will adapt to not seeing me. Thanks for the replies.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

I'm sorry I can imagine it must be heartbreaking I'm sure he will miss you but he will adjust to his new life, dogs are good at that, I bet much better than us I feel incredible sad once a year when I go home to Sweden to visit my family there, I feel I abandon my dogs, I stress about every single thing, but they have been fine. I feel a lot of things, I not only miss them, I also feel guilty leaving them even if it's just for a while. They on the other hand just think "Oh mommy is not here that sucks but on the other hand yeey we can drag in sticks, chase cats, eat soil, bark till we're done barking and sleep as long as we want". It will be hard for him but he will be OK and so will you, it will take time, but it does get easier
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I'm so very sorry... I'm sure that your baby will adjust, and at least you know he will be taken care of. I think that most dogs are resilient and make the best w/changes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    X
    Likes (Received)

Amelyza we have some new neighbors in our neighborhood. A man, women and little boy. The boy is 13 years old. And sings like a little bird. Really sings. He told me his mom and dad got a divorce and when they got their divorce he and his mom had to move into an apartment. They had a 3 year old bulldog name Lucy. They had to give Lucy away because no pet rule in the apartments and dad didn't like the dog. He said he and his mother were crushed. They talk about Lucy all the time. They both come down and play with our two boys. All summer he comes everyday. He told me one day it never gets easier but he knows when his mom finishes nursing school they WILL have another bulldog. I personally do not believe your dog will ever forget you. Hang on to all the good times and stay strong. That's mine and a 13 year old boy advice.

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

This is sad. I'm sure your dog will miss you but if he is well taken care of, he will adjust. I hope you too can adjust and find some peace in this episode of your life. I must say that I appreciate your unselfish concern for your beloved pet. I wish there were more people like you

Thank You everybody... he is really like my baby, but it seems like I am suffering way more than him. He is just so lovable, and you know bulldogs make the saddest faces when you are leaving... breaks my heart. I am feeling a little bit better and the good thing is that his dad adores him too.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

He will miss you, but never forget you. Are you able to still at least see or visit him?

So sorry it turned out this way.... hopefully you can visit
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

No visitation?? I would see If maybe you could set up some kind of visiting schedule. It's only fair.
    My smooshy face boy!

We will see how things turn out. Thank you all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads