Will my baby miss me?

amelyza

Dec 26, 2013
I got a divorce a while ago and my ex is. moving with the dog. (I can't have him where I live) and I am so freaking sad, I cry every day because I miss him so much my heart aches, and I don't know if he is wondering where I am... I don't want him to be sad as me. Will he be ok? He is my baby. :( and I.don't know how to stop missing him.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=10647]amelyza[/MENTION] I am so sorry for you. I am sure he misses you,too-but sometimes the dogs adjust better than we do. If he is getting good care, and you know that-and he will be with his "daddy" whom he has been with, he will miss you-but he will probably be okay.>> If you move to another place-do you have a chance of getting him back?
It will take time for you to adjust to being without him. Hopefully you at least will know that he has a good home. But to you, it hurts just as much as a death. You will never stop missing him, but in time it will not hurt as much. Hoping time will ease your pain.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I totally agree with Lynn, he'll be ok. Im so sorry it worked out that way.

OP
amelyza

amelyza

Dec 26, 2013
I hope he is doing better than me. He is well taken care of, but I miss him so much. I will make my peace thinking that he will adapt to not seeing me. Thanks for the replies.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I'm sorry:( I can imagine it must be heartbreaking:*( I'm sure he will miss you but he will adjust to his new life, dogs are good at that, I bet much better than us:) I feel incredible sad once a year when I go home to Sweden to visit my family there, I feel I abandon my dogs, I stress about every single thing, but they have been fine. I feel a lot of things, I not only miss them, I also feel guilty leaving them even if it's just for a while. They on the other hand just think "Oh mommy is not here that sucks but on the other hand yeey we can drag in sticks, chase cats, eat soil, bark till we're done barking and sleep as long as we want". It will be hard for him but he will be OK and so will you, it will take time, but it does get easier:assurred:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so very sorry... I'm sure that your baby will adjust, and at least you know he will be taken care of. I think that most dogs are resilient and make the best w/changes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Amelyza we have some new neighbors in our neighborhood. A man, women and little boy. The boy is 13 years old. And sings like a little bird. Really sings. He told me his mom and dad got a divorce and when they got their divorce he and his mom had to move into an apartment. They had a 3 year old bulldog name Lucy. They had to give Lucy away because no pet rule in the apartments and dad didn't like the dog. He said he and his mother were crushed. They talk about Lucy all the time. They both come down and play with our two boys. All summer he comes everyday. He told me one day it never gets easier but he knows when his mom finishes nursing school they WILL have another bulldog. I personally do not believe your dog will ever forget you. Hang on to all the good times and stay strong. That's mine and a 13 year old boy advice.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
This is sad. I'm sure your dog will miss you but if he is well taken care of, he will adjust. I hope you too can adjust and find some peace in this episode of your life. I must say that I appreciate your unselfish concern for your beloved pet. I wish there were more people like you

OP
amelyza

amelyza

Dec 26, 2013
Thank You everybody... he is really like my baby, but it seems like I am suffering way more than him. He is just so lovable, and you know bulldogs make the saddest faces when you are leaving... breaks my heart. I am feeling a little bit better and the good thing is that his dad adores him too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He will miss you, but never forget you. Are you able to still at least see or visit him?

So sorry it turned out this way.... hopefully you can visit

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
No visitation?? I would see If maybe you could set up some kind of visiting schedule. It's only fair.

OP
amelyza

amelyza

Dec 26, 2013
We will see how things turn out. Thank you all.

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
We will see how things turn out. Thank you all.

Like the others said, he will get used to the change but he will never forget you. My father in law passed away suddenly in 2012 and my husband and I had to fly out of state suddenly and we stayed away for one month. My parents and sister were more than happy to take care of Goob but it broke my heart to leave him. I left them PAGES of things they needed to do daily and weekly while we were gone. I was so concerned. They told me that Goob was kind of lazy the first couple days but then went back to his normal silly self. When we came back, I felt like I could finally breathe again because I was back with Goob. It took him a couple hours to warm back up to mommy but he remembered me.

Months later we moved to be closer to my husband's family. My parents came to visit us and Goob remembered them as well. The only people he likes are me and daddy, my mom, dad, sister, her boyfriend, and a neighbor back in California. I was worried that he wouldn't remember my parents but HE DID. It made for a great visit.

All this to say, he will be fine. I pray that some sort of visitation gets worked out because it sounds like you love him dearly. I wish you all the best.

OP
amelyza

amelyza

Dec 26, 2013
Thanks for all your words! I feel better today, haven't cried! Woop Woop! And I know that Tank is happy and doing great,.which is good. Thanks again!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.