Shedding!

SpikeS

Oct 21, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
Ok so I know the bulldogs shed. But the past few months this is insane! Our microfiber couch gets covered almost daily. Anyone else have it this bad???? :w00t:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
We brush ours daily- to reduce amount of hair in our house also use salmon oil also coconut oil is just as good and grain free food -this wont stop shedding but it helps a lot with reducing it
-in my personal experience mine shed from white parts the most

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
I bought one of those furminators and after I shower Leon I brush him with it, we have seen a dramatic difference in hair loss plus we don't have to Hoover/vacuum every day now.
We also feed Leon sheep fat with garlic in them alternative for a beter coat and they also help against fleas and ticks.
I only brush Leon once a week with the furminator.
y6ebybyz.jpg

e7emamyv.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, yes our guys shed like crazy as well, I usually sweep and Swiffer on Wed., and then vacuum, sweep and Swiffer on Sunday. We bath the guys every two weeks on Sundays, and brush them after their bath, we rinse them after shampooing with Apple Cider Vinegar. About a month ago, my male Bulldozer was shedding more than usual, he had a dustpan full everyday, and his nose was very dry, and he was licking his paws, something he never usually did. These are all signs of allergies. I switched the food from Fromm's Beef Frittata to Fromm's Lamb and Lentil, and the difference is amazing, he's not shedding anymore. We also give our guys plain unsweetened yogurt on their morning kibble, and Coconut Oil on their evening kibble. Also we add apple cider vinegar to their drinking water everyday.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
All the suggestions given will help lessen the shedding or give a little control, but they do 'blow' their coat twice a year.

i use the Kong Zoom Groom once a week and when being bathed

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Microfiber is a bad material for dogs-it loves hair! That material was definitely not made for dog owners! You would have an easier life if you sold the couch and got leather!! No matter what you do, it is normal for dogs to shed(except for just a few breeds...) :)

MindyGunton

Aug 21, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Microfiber is a bad material for dogs-it loves hair! That material was definitely not made for dog owners! You would have an easier life if you sold the couch and got leather!! No matter what you do, it is normal for dogs to shed(except for just a few breeds...) :)

I agree with Manydogs, also it could be harmful for both you and your dogs. Very few know that germs in carpets and cushions can be deadly and proper cleaning is necessary to avoid health problems. Read more about it on a website I saw recently. Hope this helps and good luck.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.