brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I have always known Frankie is protective of the yard. If we dont invite you into the yard, your toast. Ok so today Garys friend came over. I was inside in my bedroom and Gary was outside. Brutus was outside with Gary so Madison my 14yr old let Jim in. Frankie has never met Jim. Thank god Frankie was in his crate because Jim went over to the crate to say hello and Frankie went nuts. He would have bit him had he been loose. Jim is an animal lover and when Gary came in Jim asked him not to let him out because he was afraid he would still bite him. Frankie was nice and calm when Gary was in the room so he let Frankie out and he was Jims best friend. Kissing him and playing. Gary and Jim left and Frankie was fine. Although he laid right beside Madison for hours after. Was Frankie just trying to protect Madison from someone he didnt know? If so, I think this response is ok. I guess we will have to make sure we are always in the room when Frankie meets new people? We have had other people over but we were always in the room and Frankie never reacted like that. What do you guys think? I'm not sure this can be deemed aggressive behavior. Sorry so long.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Depends on how Jim approached the crate and by any chance did he have a hat or sunglasses on? Approach means everything when a 'stranger' enters the home... could very well be protection since Frankie was crated and his 'alpha' was not in sight

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
In my opinion , I am not expert sound like Frankie was protective of Madison. I hope an experience person can help
In details

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Depends on how Jim approached the crate and by any chance did he have a hat or sunglasses on? Approach means everything when a 'stranger' enters the home... could very well be protection since Frankie was crated and his 'alpha' was not in sight

Agree completely....

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I wasnt in the room but I think he just walked up to the crate.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I do t have any experience with this either, but agree with others, that he was just being protective. he didnt know the friend, and being that he was in the cage, and couldn't greet the new person, he went into protective mode. Maybe the next time, when someone new comes into the house, let him out of the crate, while on a leash, and let him meet the stranger and see how he reacts, that way if he does get protective, you can control him on the leash, and if he's okay after sniffing and meeting the new person, he will be okay.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I had no idea my husband had put him in his crate. We have had new people come over and he was fine. He loves everyone. I think he was just protecting maddie. He has never exhibited this kind of behavior before. Im going to chalk it up to protection. I will be cautious though next time we have guests.

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
We are going through this with Tucker, he actually bit someone when they were on the sidewalk directly in front of our house, I am getting a trainer to nip thus in the bud real quick. He not aggressive with any of us or our friends that he knows ,but lately he is getting worse when I'm at the house and someone comes by. He also worse with guys that he doesn't know. Good luck to you guys.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We are going through this with Tucker, he actually bit someone when they were on the sidewalk directly in front of our house, I am getting a trainer to nip thus in the bud real quick. He not aggressive with any of us or our friends that he knows ,but lately he is getting worse when I'm at the house and someone comes by. He also worse with guys that he doesn't know. Good luck to you guys.

Thanks. If I see this again, I will also be getting a trainer. Good luck and let me know how Tucker responds.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.