Post Rescue Adoption

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Does anyone know how long it takes for a rescue EBD to get used to the new forever home ?

I adopted Pork Chop in Dec 2013. She appears to do well with me. In the beginning it was a battle. She would snip at me if I tried to clean her paws. She doesn't do that anymore. She's been a good girl overall with me. This month marks our 8 months anniversary . I love this girl <3

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sounds like shes adjusting well, happy 8 month!! :up:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We rescued Frankie also in Dec 2013 and lately I can actually see him physically relax. He knows he is home.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We rescued Frankie also in Dec 2013 and lately I can actually see him physically relax. He knows he is home.

Awesome! Happy 8 months anniversary to you and Frankie. I am happy to hear he's relaxed.

A few months ago, someone said it will take her close to a year to figure out her forever home . She appears to know this her home and basically , acts like the queen off the house lol

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Congratulations on your new baby. I don't have any experience with adopted, rescued, or adult dogs, as I have always had puppies, but I would think it would be different for every dog, and their situation. If the dog had been neglected, or abused it would take longer for them to relax and trust again, but with time, patience and love they would know the difference and would settle in, but if the dog wasn't abused, and it was a surrender or rehome situation, and they changed homes, I would think they would settle in quicker after adjusting to the changes in environment.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Happy anniversary! Sounds like she is settling in well..... Time frame really does depend on the dog and the surroundings, some settle in quicker, but I'd suspect at least 6 months for them to get fully comfortable

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Congratulations on your new baby. I don't have any experience with adopted, rescued, or adult dogs, as I have always has puppies, but I would think it would be different for every dog, and their situation. If the dog had been neglected, or abused it would take longer for them to relax and trust again, but with time, patience and love they would know the difference and would settle in, but if the dog wasn't abused, and it was a surrender or rehome situation, and they changed homes, I would think they would settle in quicker after adjusting to the changes in environment.
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] has said exactly what I was going to say! Happy that you are doing well with your girl-and [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] with Frankie-she worked hard at it!

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you Vikinggirl and 2bullymama on my anniversary .

I know very little about Pork Chops background from what they said , she was a surrender. Not sure if she remembers. I met her at walk event in Nov 2013. The first EBD I met and she was gorgeous. I found out later she was for adoption and applied for her. She was my birthday and Christmas gift.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
vume5esu.jpg

I think this answers my q tonight she 's close to the AC snoozing away

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
8 months ready - time goes to quick xx
I think it all depends on individual dog and his hers circumstances prior going to the rescue
But it looks like your baby got her feet "under the table" already xxxz

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Happy 8th mo. Anniversary to You and Pork Chop. I really Love his name. He is Cutie.

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
8 months ready - time goes to quick xx
I think it all depends on individual dog and his hers circumstances prior going to the rescue
But it looks like your baby got her feet "under the table" already xxxz

I know, it seems like yesterday that I brought her home . True, depends on individual doggie .

OP
MissWaddles13

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Happy 8th mo. Anniversary to You and Pork Chop. I really Love his name. He is Cutie.

Thank you :) I kept her name to make her feel comfortable . Layla is a name mommy gives her .

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.