brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Are you crazy???? I can't even clip Brutus' nails!!!! Their teeth look just fine. I would be on poop patrol for a toothbrush and a couple of fingers if I even attempted it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
antlers, nyabones and marrow bones do the trick. banks will be 9 next month and she had a check up this week... vet says all looks great and mention how good her teeth looked

OP
F

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank the Tank Bowne AKA "Frankie"
Frankie's little teeth are so sharp right now so I don't stick my fingers in there unless I'm fishing for something he's picked up... which happens quite frequently.. LOL

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
They are always chewing on Nylabones-so I hope that works. I did have a rescue Malanois, who ate his poop when he first came(he was kept in a tiny area and probably tried to clean it) I started brushing his teeth because he had poop breath. I would smell his breath when he came in-if it smelled I would say "you ate poop?!" and then I would brush his teeth. Well, he hated the toothpaste, so after a little while, it cured him of eating poop! He was two when I got him,he was a wonderful dog, and was like a poor skeleton. He became a handsome prince!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
It was too much work. I give them raw bones and antlers and their vet checkups indicate their teeth look great.

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
I don't but Brian, the groomer, brushes them every 6 weeks when Walley-Bubba goes in for a bath, nail clipping and anal glads drain.
The vet also prescribed enzyme chew strips to help keep the plaque under control.
Both dogs love them but WB tries to swallow his large chew stript whole so I have to keep an eye on him.
They work though and both dogs have better breath (if that's possible!) than before.

Today, both WB and Shadow (10 year old Yorkie) are at Banfield having their teeth cleaned.
We get this done once a year and this is WB's first time.
They called a while ago and told Ann that her Shadow had to have one of his molars removed due to crowding.
Hope to pick them both up soon.

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
I don't but Brian, the groomer, brushes them every 6 weeks when Walley-Bubba goes in for a bath, nail clipping and anal glads drain.
The vet also prescribed enzyme chew strips to help keep the plaque under control.
Both dogs love them but WB tries to swallow his large chew stript whole so I have to keep an eye on him.
They work though and both dogs have better breath (if that's possible!) than before.

Today, both WB and Shadow (10 year old Yorkie) are at Banfield having their teeth cleaned.
We get this done once a year and this is WB's first time.
They called a while ago and told Ann that her Shadow had to have one of his molars removed due to crowding.
Hope to pick them both up soon.

Well, vet called to tell us WB has a UTI.
Will pick up meds tonight.
Cost will be $125 due to strength needed for his size.

Glad we took him in for the teeth cleaning and they found this!

ps
WB has ALWAYS had access to fresh water.
We change it twice daily.
Will also try the cranberry etc supplements mentioned in the how-to thready to avoid future re-occurrences.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.