Baby T likes to pee

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I am having a bit of a problem with Truman and I am at loss about what to do...I'm hoping someone can help.

Since I came back from Christmas vacation, Truman has taken to peeing in his crate. It doesn't matter if he's in there for 3 hours or 7 hours, he will pee. I have tried removing the hand towel I put in with him so there's nothing to pee on, washing the crate with bleach and water, and nothing seems to be helping.

He does not pee in the house. He is on Ivermectin for mange but excessive thirst and urination are not a side effect. I pick up his water around 7 PM and put him to bed (which is the time when this is most often a problem) around 11:30 PM. He goes pee right before I put him in his crate - every time.

What else can I do? He's over 8 months old, I know he can hold it longer but he just isn't. I am convinced this is behavioral.

Thanks!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I feel your pain, believe me! Ida, for some unknown reason, goes in her crate overnight, every so often. It's weird, because she'll do it 2 or 3 nights in a row and then quit for a couple weeks. Just as I get thinking she's not going to do it again, she starts over and does it for a couple more nights in a row. Only with her, it's usually pooping in her crate. So, I know I'm not helping at all with your problem, but maybe it's just a short puppy "phase". Ida's been good now for a couple weeks, so I'm hopeful we're done with this. Good luck!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I won't be much help but are you leaving out water all the time? Maybe limit what he gets. Other than that I'd call the vet if this excessive thirst has just started. Has anything else changed in his life?
Could be just a phase. I am reworking Bear because he just started marking and thinks its ok to try in the house so I have to literally follow him around to make sure he doesn't hike a leg up and try to pee on something.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How roomy is his crate? Do you clean it up immediately?

Perhaps if you let him stew in his mess for a long while he won't be so keen on messing in his crate. But the crate must not be so large that he has room to navigate his mess.

I had this same problem with Yuna, and it worked putting her in a smaller crate for a while. Once I put her in the bigger one, (I had to because she busted the door of the other one!), she will now go if she feels the need. Go figure.

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Same thing with Jozi we had her
crate sectioned off to big. I made it
smaller and she never went in her
crate again.

Hope this helps, and things get better
for Truman.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
[MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION] wish I knew the answer all I can say is keep trying everything you know and good luck! Did you take him on vacation? He would not be retailiating or anything...i know that's crazy.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
[MENTION=1505]2bulliefamily[/MENTION] I was thinking the same thing! Is her punishing you cause you went away?? Bullies are so smart. I hope you figure it out soon!

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to have to take a bit of room away in his crate for the time being and see if he does better. I think he may have a bit too much room and be able to pee on his towel, then put it off to the side.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
I had this issue with georgia......I noticed that she was waiting for me to let her out after she pee's so i did what desertskybulldogs just suggested and made her sit there for a minute then gave her a bath which she hates. After that no more crate peeing. But she doesnt get crated often anyways only when company comes over because she is stranger aggressive.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.