RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Some dogs will start eating poop when they aren’t absorbing enough nutrients, they have parasites, or they have issues with their pancreas. All coprophagic dogs should be examined by a veterinarian. Don't hit your dog, for any reason.

OP
bitondm

bitondm

Feb 22, 2014
Country
israel
Bulldog(s) Names
phpo
I giving him 1.5cups x2 a day, I'm giving him salmon oil with his food, also I'm giving him pumpkin twice a week, know I'm thinking to start giving him coconut oil, and apple cider vinegar because he have wounds on his chin, he eats Prairie(Lamb)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
A male is good to go at 1 year. I agree with [MENTION=6047]jimmyjj[/MENTION] about always keeping him on the lead to stop the poo eating.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Chum did that when I first got him..which is the main reason I started walking him as opposed to just letting him out..One of the best explanations I've heard for this was the dog isn't absorbing the nutrients like [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] said or being digested properly..so the poop comes out still smelling somewhat like the food that went in. In chums case it was the simple fact he had to fight for his food with 2 huge bull mastiffs in his previous home and just didn't get enough to eat..a few weeks on a steady diet of nutritious healthy food and he eventually stopped.

Members online

No members online now.