My dog started to lick ****!!

bitondm

Feb 22, 2014
Country
israel
Bulldog(s) Names
phpo
Hey guys, recently my 1y EB started to lick&eat **** when I'm giving him to be off his leash,it's driving me crazy I feel like he doesn't hearing my request to stop this it's seems like he like it, what can I do to stop it, one time (unfutntly) I hit him once,
(the first and the last time)to stop him, after this I felt very sad about it!!
please help me I really want the best for my dog I know that it is forbidden to hit ur dog it was an automatic reaction I really sorry for that! :-(

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
I feel your pain..our bully's seem to love cow pies.We live on 20 acres and if they spot some its every bulldog for themselves.Its nasty and my boy ignores all pleas to stop.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

OP
bitondm

bitondm

Feb 22, 2014
Country
israel
Bulldog(s) Names
phpo
in my case we talked on street cat poe this why im so nervous about it.. i afraid he got sick or even worse..

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Some will do this and some won't. It is hard to break. There is stuff you can add to their food that makes it taste nasty, but I have never tried it.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
You shouldn't hit your dog buddy. If your dog does this when it's off the lead -- don't let it off the lead. Then you can control him better.
What age is he ?
Does he understand the No or it command ?
Have you Tried any method
Tin half full of coins shaken as most bulldogs hate the noise.
Or a water bottle sprayed at the dog when he does wrong
Both above followed by the no command
There's always a way to teach right from wrong

OP
bitondm

bitondm

Feb 22, 2014
Country
israel
Bulldog(s) Names
phpo
Hey, he is one year old he a good dog, but when he is out of my apprtment it is very hard to relase him at the yard, at the beginning he going to do his needs, after that he doing very strange thing, he start to smell something on the yard like grass or something then he start to shake his mouse,meanwhile his tongue is out , it's listenlike a normal Beauvoir?
Then if he see some "fresh" poop he went to eat him, I'm telling him to stop but it's seems like he didn't care or he doesn't want to stop doing it, what should I do?

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
First, don't hit your dog. He doesn't understand why you are doing this and it can cause behavioral issues in the future, not to mention harm the bond between you.

Some dogs have a natural instinct to lick, smell, and even eat feces. You have to teach them not to do it. Like someone else mentioned, there are anti coprophagia supplements that you can out in your bully's food. I'm assuming Pet Buy would have something similar to what US stores have (http://www.petsmart.com/dog/digesti...ia-deterrence-zid36-12975/cat-36-catid-100054). What will also help is redirecting his behavior in a positive manner. Tell him, "no" firmly, and direct him away from the poop. Give him a treat for obeying. Also, you probably want to go around your yard with a plastic bag every so often and pick up the cat poop. Those street cats (for those of you unfamiliar, Israel doesn't have squirrels, but has a huge feral cat problem, they are everywhere) certainly carry diseases. (I lived in Tel Aviv for a few years....)

Good of luck with your bulldog and please, keep him inside where it's cool. I remember how hot Israel is and these guys don't do well with heat. You need to keep the AC on for him at all times.

B

Baxter Tiberius

he start to smell something on the yard like grass or something then he start to shake his mouse,meanwhile his tongue is out , it's listenlike a normal Beauvoir?

Baxter does this all day. Ever day. Buries his face into some part of the grass and will NOT budge no matter how hard I pull on the leash, then he slowly lifts his head and his entire face is dripping with snot and drool, and his fat face flaps are jiggling back and forth. Someone here told me they do this to taste/smell whatever they're smelling better. He usually does it where other dogs have pee'd. Usually females. Its like honey to him i guess :(

As for the poop - recommend keeping him on leash and when he goes to it, you say firmly "No!" and pull him away from it.

Expect to do this at least 582,19283,13913,18113,.003 times before he starts to realize he shouldn't do it.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
My boy Bennie ate his own poop when he had an accident in the house when he was younger. I honestly think he knew he was doing wrong and tried to hide it, aww, my poor boy.

I have other dogs than bulldogs and they sometimes eat poop:bad: but only one of the bulldogs poop, not their won. I think they eat her poop cos she's on a different diet than them... but I don't know... I can't get them to stop either, all I can do is constantly check for poop and pick it up:mellow:. I'd like to know about solutions too:) they do listen when I tell them "NO" but when I turn my back they're there again eating:fie:. It's gross but I know my bulldog is healthy so it's not a disaster, I'd be a bit concerned though if my dogs ate poop from dogs I didn't know:(

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
What about putting tabasco on the poop, will this help them not to eat it?

OP
bitondm

bitondm

Feb 22, 2014
Country
israel
Bulldog(s) Names
phpo
Tanks you all, great info, J8erjackie-you defiantly right, it's worm here like in hell sometimes it's 110F, I always keeps the AC on even when I'm not home.. So my bulie always gets cool :)

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank the Tank Bowne AKA "Frankie"
I have almost the same problem with Frankie!! We have two cats who he loves but also loves to raid the litter box.. I redirect and have moved the box to a place he can't get to. When outside he constantly has his nose on the ground sniffing around.. sometimes I wonder what in the world could smell so good.. Just watch him and try to redirect and offer treats and praise when he obeys.

OP
bitondm

bitondm

Feb 22, 2014
Country
israel
Bulldog(s) Names
phpo
Lol, does anybody know what is the right age for male to mate??

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online