Types of things safe for bullies.

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
Hey so after reading a lot of these articles when I first got my e.b. a year ago I bought a lot of toys treats foods etc to get to my happy medium and know what my Milly moo likes. However after going to my pet planet here they showed me more items and said they are all safe. I did some research and found that the smoked bones with marrow they sell there from an independent farmer aren't safe? Says they are too hard for their teeth? And the hard nylabones aren't either for the same reason? Also pig ears aren't good for them. Along with any kind of bone from a cow Or bison? But the Himalayan mountain chews are a good one and bully sticks are too? Also to give my dog raw chicken bones twice a week? I'm so confused....

I need some opinions from actual dog owners because there is too much opinions and not enough fact out there... Help anybody? :S

Bendy

Feb 23, 2014
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike
Hi, I'm sure they'll be some more members along soon to give you some advise, I have read on here that bully sticks aren't safe along with rawhide. I give my spike antlers to chew he can't have shop bought treats due to his allergies so I give him bits of fruit and any left over meat for treats.

OP
alyw9876

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
Thank you. I guess I should mention Milly is allergic to wheat for sure.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
marrow bone lamb bone no bully stick or ears, fruit but no raisins or grapes my boy likes carrots they also help with teething some peanut butter and kibble in a kong are some of the things i would suggest.

OP
alyw9876

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
For bones tho raw?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Our guys don't get any bones, soft chew toys, tennis balls, or any bones like nylabones because they chew and swallow everything. I can only give them the hard Kong toys, and they can't be smaller than their mouths. They can't have soft toys, stuffed toys, blankets, or pillows. For treats I give them fruit, cut up apples, watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, or bananas. If I'm training them or want them to come or do something, I just give them a couple of pieces of their own kibble. You can give him plain unsweetened yogurt with fruit, peanut butter, and I also give them Fruitables and Wellness soft chew treats.

OP
alyw9876

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
Cool. Well she gets her big scoop of plain yogurt everyday anyway. And she does love fruit. I read tho that they need raw bones in their diet for the marrow they have? Also she is going on homemade diet because I can control what she's eating and knowing it's not processed or hurting her.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I give my two a frozen marrow bone every Saturday night for the past 6-7 years... their teeth are beautiful and no issues with them at all.

OP
alyw9876

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] what type of bones do you give them? Raw or smoked?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We give only Nylabones and Kong toys.

OP
alyw9876

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
Thanks [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] I do too. But only the rubber nylabone ones now. The hard ones are too narrow and hard for my girls mouth. But KONG all the way. Have a traffic loop leash and harness and KONG stuffies the only stuffies she can have that last long :)

Most Reactions