Upchuck mucous...

pammaw

Jul 29, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
My rescue Dexter who we've had about 2 months has a habit of gagging and throwing up globs of stringy mucous. Sometimes he throws up after quickly gobbling up food and water, other times it's just because he has snorted up so much while cleaning his paws. Is this normal? Any suggestions on how to remedy this gooey mess?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Try to have Dexter slow down when he eats and drinks. A slow-feeding ball helps with my two bullies who tend to gobble their food up very quickly. Finn is a licker as well and i've noticed him gagging afterwards sometimes so i've had to stop him from the excessive licking habit.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Little squirt of lemon juice in his throat will help break up the muccus too..... also, next vet visit have his palate checked, might be need to be reduced.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree with Henny [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] try a slow feed bowl to see if that helps, plus have his palate checked to see if his is elongated, if so, surgery will help.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.