dog hair is car

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
what is best way to get rid of dog hair in the car. I have cloth seats in my truck and my EB rides with me alot but I try to vacuum the hair out with my dyson but it can't get all the hair out. I always hate going on a date and my girls has hair all over her lol. What have yall done to help control the hair?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I found my dyson useless -the only thing that worked for us -its sticky tape wrapped around our hands and you brush your seats-its time consuming tho
Another idea is take your bully along to meet your date and i bet she wont notice any hair ;-)

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I have to use the vacuum car wash and work at it. The hairs are still there lol sticky tape like the other person said.

Make sure your dates like bulldogs no problems lol jk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I also will put a beach towel down on the seat they sit in and the sticky tape works great

Jul 24, 2014
illinos
Bulldog(s) Names
sophia
well I figure as long as she doesnt mind the hair all over HERthen your all good....and think of it as a good way to figure out if shes a keeper.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Use two towels-one over the seat back, and one on the seat-not for the dog-for the girl!! If she doesn't like that-get rid of the girl.(That means she doesn't like dogs)
Yes, they have those sticky rolls,too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I bought a car with leather seats .... :D

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
To remove hair, you can use a cheap packing tape. I like using the cheap kind coz they have thinner tape and more stickier than those expensive kinds.

I have a Camaro with leather seats and I use a Bucket Seat cover to protect my interior. Though it sure does not protect it from Jake's drool. The whole time I was driving, his big head was in the fold of my elbow resting... Can't help but hugged him the whole time. Hard to drive since I have a stick shift.
u2ametar.jpg

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh forgot to add, that this was from this morning as I had to bring him to the vet coz he is sick :(

The seat cover is something you should get regardless whether you have leather seats or fabric.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I suffer with the same dog hair covered interior! As someone mentioned above, I have found that a wet washcloth does help and I also use a plastic dish glove (think the kind you would wear washing dishes by hand) that have small ridges on them, when I wet the glove and run my hand over the seats, it helps loosen the hair.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, you've been given great advice already, another thing you can do is cover the seat that Mack sits on with either a blanket or an open sleeping bag, that can be washed. They will both protect your seats and be comfy for him, and when he's not in the car, then you take it out, that should help to reduce the hair on the seat. I also have to agree with others that if she loves dogs, or more importantly Mack, then she won't mind the hairs.

Bruisers dad

Jul 15, 2014
Prescott AZ.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
I bought a Subaru which has seats designed to repel dog hair so it is more dog friendly, but still opted for leather. I used to own a mobile car detailing company and would tell dog owners upfront it will cost more and that I would not be able to get it all. The sticky rollers work well and time and patience. I found the best way to deal with it is to place a sheet or blanket down ahead of time. Certain dog hair seems to be worse than others, and bullies have some of the worst, short and stiff. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online