How many raise there bulldogs in apartments instead of a house

bigrod48

Jan 7, 2013
NEW YORK
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
I'm in process of getting a female pup for companionship for my 1 year old male Tyson. I have a large 2 bedroom apartment. Just wanted to know how many people on here are raising 1 or more in a apartment

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
We Iive in a one bedroom apt on the top third fIoor, needIess to say potty training was made more difficuIt

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
For the first year and a half of my boys' lives, I raised them in a 3rd floor condo. It was quite do-able but like [MENTION=11086]schimpfy[/MENTION] mentioned, the potty training was more challenging. In fact, I mostly relied on the pee pads vs. taking them outdoors. It wasn't til we moved to a house w/a yard that they learned to go outside. But bulldogs are a breed that are quite appropriate for apt/condo living, i believe!

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
We have a 1 bedroom apartment on the 4th floor but luckily we have an elevator so potty training was not bad.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
When I got Usko we were living in an apartment at the 9th floor. We did move to a 1st floor apartment when he was about six months. We got our second bully in that appt., so it can be done. Now we live in a house with about 3 acres of land and we're in heaven. There's also a BIG chance that we will get number 3….

KaylaB

Jul 19, 2014
With my first bully it was just me and him in a 500sq ft 1 bedroom. Between the two of us it made for close living for a while :p

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
For the first few months my milly moo was raised with a backyard but since then it's an apartment. She gets spinny (running around once a day all excited) but she's good. I bought some fake grass from a turf dealership for 20$ and she uses that. It covers half my patio and I simply spray it down and pick up her #2s as she goes and she's been great.

Bruisers dad

Jul 15, 2014
Prescott AZ.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
We live in a one bedroom apt. On the second floor, like a couple already said potty training was a little tougher than a yard but very doable, pee pads really do help and I believe like Cali baker that the bulldog breed are quite appropriate for apt. Living. I would love to get my bruiser a bulldog companion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cuddles116

Jan 15, 2013
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock & Brink
We have Brock and Brink in a ground level 2 bedroom condo that we rent, but we use to be in a 1 bedroom first floor but they outgrew that lol. We specifically looked for a ground apartment to make it easier.

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
When we first got Barkley we lived in an apt on the 3rd floor with no elevator for about 6 months. Potty training wasn't too bad. We had him on a good schedule of taking him out and it took about 2 weeks but he has never had an accident since then. It was definitely a pain getting him to go down and up the stairs tho. We tried getting a potty patch for the balcony but he refused to use it and would just wait til we took him out.

I know he definitely loved living there tho since there was lots of other pups around for him to play with outside! It was like it's own mini dog park when all the other dogs were out too since there was really only one area to let them go potty.

Maruko

Feb 24, 2014
Dallas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maruko
I raised mine in a two bedroom apartment on second floor. And now we are expecting our second one soon : ) Potty training is more difficult especially during the night. What I did is to place the wee wee pad on balcony and hang a bell on the balcony door. I take her our to balcony for the first two months during the nights, trained her to ring the bell to take her out to balcony or downstairs. It worked fine, no accidents since she was around 5 months old, and she is 8mos old now.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I live on the 25th floor of a highrise- potty training was the biggest challenge and I definately got peed on a couple times. They sleep a lot so they aren't very active inside the house- being that I live in a condo that was a big determining factor in why I got bulldogs.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.