Need new food for our bully!

Bruisers dad

Jul 15, 2014
Prescott AZ.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
We've been feeding our Bruiser the Kirkland adult chicken formula from Costco after getting positive feedback from some friends and family.. However, upon further research we found it to be not as good as we thought it was so were now trying to decide on a new one. Our top 3 picks right now are Acana Grassland, Acana Prairie Harvest, and the Wellness Core original... Let me know your thoughts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
My boys are currently eating Wellness Core (Ocean flavor). They love the food and I don't have any negatives to say about it (other than the price)! Many people here like the Fromm brand. I'm not familiar with Acana.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I don't know anything about that food, but as sensitive as Bullies are-I am of the thought "If it ain't broke don't fix it." If your boy is doing well
and looking good on the food he is eating, I wouldn't mess with it. You could give him a supplement along with it, if you are worried.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'd try the Acana. Only because I've always wanted to but never have, the food looks so good! But I'm dedicated to Fromm right now...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chemist

Mar 28, 2014
Midwest USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Beaker
When I got Beaker at 6 months she was on Diamond Chicken and Rice. I switched her to Wellness core but that resulted in loose stool. I later read that that was one of the few complaints about wellness core. I have switched her to Fromms peas and pork and no more loose stool.

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
We've been feeding our Bruiser the Kirkland adult chicken formula from Costco after getting positive feedback from some friends and family.. However, upon further research we found it to be not as good as we thought it was so were now trying to decide on a new one. Our top 3 picks right now are Acana Grassland, Acana Prairie Harvest, and the Wellness Core original... Let me know your thoughts!

Those are all good choices. Do a slow transition to the new kibble and good luck :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm also not familiar with those other brands. Blossom is allergic to chicken and salmon, ang grains, so I'm limited to which foods I try, many dog foods have chicken as their protein source. We feed our guys Fromm's Beef Fritatta, and recently we tried Fromm's Lamb and Lentil with good results.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Sorry not familiar with that brand but have fallen in love with Fromm, great coat, no gas issues and great weight control thus far and lots of choices. Hope you find what works best for you it makes a huge difference.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Acana is a really good food... I'd go with which ever is grain and chicken free

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
Are you from Canada or the states? Here in Canada we don't get fromm food and it's not really recommended for dogs to be on an all dry food diet anyway since they need a 70% moisture diet. I used to use horizon pulsar grainfree and she did well on it but am now doing the homemade thing.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I cant help you here as we don't have those brands here but I am seriously thinking of changing Ftse to homecooked meals if I have any more problems with allergies

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
It's cheaper then buying commercial raw and canned.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They are good foods, just have to find the one that works best for your baby.

OP
Bruisers dad

Bruisers dad

Jul 15, 2014
Prescott AZ.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
[MENTION=9375]alyw9876[/MENTION], we live in the states but have had a hard time finding Fromm where we live. I was not aware that it was not good for them to be on a all dry diet. I need to look into that. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Are you from Canada or the states? Here in Canada we don't get fromm food and it's not really recommended for dogs to be on an all dry food diet anyway since they need a 70% moisture diet. I used to use horizon pulsar grainfree and she did well on it but am now doing the homemade thing.
You can get Fromm in Canada I feed mine Fromm Puppy Gold and have seen it in a lot of stores. A Canadian food similar is called Now is what he started with but switched to Fromm once he came home with me

Members online

No members online now.