Switched to Fromms L&L

SMeyer13

Jun 13, 2013
South Carolina
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
I was surprised when my dog food store had a bag of L&L so I picked it up and figured Tucker could use a switch for sake of flavor (had been eating their game bird food and pork and peas) He loves the food, but I have noticed a change in his #2s . He seems to be going more often in smaller amounts, but it is much firmer than before. I'm not sure if I should add something to his food to see if that changes anything or if this is just normal. He was going 2-3 times a day now it's more around 5-6.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:hmm: not sure, it may actually be digesting more smoothly. Or he may be experiencing a little gas from the switch. The four star is made to have different foods for breakfast and dinner, not necessarily for a complete switch from one to another. Is it about the same amount of poo total? How many days had it been?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SMeyer13

SMeyer13

Jun 13, 2013
South Carolina
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
It's been about 2 weeks since I've switched him. Yes it's about the same amount just over more trips. He doesn't seem to be having difficulties or anything it was just an observation that he was going more frequently. It MIT even out as he gets used to the change.

I did not know that about the Fromms, I was unspder the impression you could switch freely between them.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Not sure on that one, I figured it would have cleared up by two weeks.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's been about 2 weeks since I've switched him. Yes it's about the same amount just over more trips. He doesn't seem to be having difficulties or anything it was just an observation that he was going more frequently. It MIT even out as he gets used to the change.

I did not know that about the Fromms, I was unspder the impression you could switch freely between them.

You can, but they are built to have different variety in the diet (pork n peas for breakfast, surf n turf for dinner). I will switch them from one to another all the time, but sometimes I notice their poo gets a bit softer for a few days- not runny just softer.

So you've got me stumped! 2 weeks should be more than enough time. Unless as stated earlier the food is agreeing with him more and his pipes are working very very VERY well. He may also require a tad less of it if producing more waste.

Bruisers dad

Jul 15, 2014
Prescott AZ.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
Are all foods made to be switched a little for variety or is this a from a thing? I thought it was bad to switch there foods?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Are all foods made to be switched a little for variety or is this a from a thing? I thought it was bad to switch there foods?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a Fromm four star food thing, you would always want to do a slow switch when changing other foods.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I notice this with Cheli, my Frenchie too... More trips less poo since switching to L&L. No other changes or issues, so as long as that is the case... I'll stay with it

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, we also switched from Fromm's Beef Frittata to Fromm's Lamb and Lentil and I'm finding the same thing is happening. They are both tolerating the new flavour, and Blossom who has all the allergies isn't showing any allergic signs, where she had started licking her paws on the Beef flavour. She is still licking a little, but not as much, but she is pooping less, and it's much firmer than before and darker in colour. I thought Blossom was constipated, but if others are having the same experience with the lamb and lentil, then I guess it's normal. The colour I'm assuming is from the lentils. Dozer had never shown allergy symptoms before, but had started to lick his paws in the last few months, but what I noticed the most was the amount he was shedding, he was losing so much fur, and he also started licking his paws, also his nose has always been dry, and I have kept ahead of it by putting Vaseline or coconut oil on it. I just nerve thought about it being a food issue. Since I switched to the Lamb and Lentil, he has stopped shedding altogether, and his nose is much better, and he's no longer licking his paws. He is also pooping less, and in smaller amounts, and it is a little firmer than before.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.