Gamble Paid Off

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We left him alone again to roam free yesterday and again good results I think he just sleeps.
It really hurts me to put him in his crate so it makes me very happy that he behaves when not in it.
First foto is if him waiting for my wife the second one is that he's so happy I'm home both taken yesterday.
6uqehe3e.jpg

zyguresy.jpg

What a handsome boy! The house looks amazing... Best of luck with the build! Banks can be trusted out of crate, but we still confine. Her to the master bedroom just as a safety to her...

mindyclax

Jul 28, 2014
Love that picture of her waiting at the window. Also, just wondering, for those of you who do let dog roam the house even if it's just for short trips out at what age did you start doing that? Our puppy is 6 months and fully crate trained. We haven't had any accidents in the house for awhile but I definitely don't want to jinx that. I noticed Julzz9170 started Romeo at a year and a half. Is that pretty standard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
We have recently started letting June stay out of her crate when we're gone... just to the gym or store or something. Last week I left her out all day while I was at work (without my bf knowing haha) and she was fine! She's usually sleeping on the couch when we come home :)

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Yay, I know that's exciting. Both of ours were crated while we were at work for the first several months we had them. Then we baby gated them in the kitchen until they approached a year old before allowing free roam of the house. Thankfully neither of them were naughty puppies. One had a paper fetish and the other a shoe fetish. We just made sure not to leave those things within reach and when we forgot...well you know. :) We did allow free foam once they were about 4 months if we were only going to be gone for an hour or just a bit longer. I think letting them out while you make quick errands is a great way for puppies to be successful and be rewarded for proper behavior. I am a big believer in positive reinforcement. Provide attainable goals and your pup will learn quickly what you expect of them.

pattonsmom

Apr 9, 2014
CT
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
General Patton
Patton's 6 months and we've been letting him stay downstairs by himself all morning while we're getting ready for work upstairs for a while now and it's worked out well. But even though we can't see him, he knows we're up there. Over the weekend was his big debut. He was left alone downstairs by himself while we went to the grocery store. SUCCESS! He just sleeps on the couch when we're not around!

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
Milly was crated from the day I got her. She prefers to go into it at night and does fine when we leave for a few hours. I never leave her out of it because she is a chewer even though she hasn't touched furniture. She will pee on my bed tho if I leave her out because she gets mad we didn't take her. If I'm gone longer she usually comes with if possible. She's a year old now.

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
She sees it as her "cave" since dogs are den animals. and prefers it to watch ppl walk by in the window.

Bruisers dad

Jul 15, 2014
Prescott AZ.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
What a awesome house you are building, please post some more photos when it is done. I really miss it over there, but also love the states. My soon to be wife has never been back with me and I can't wait to take her. I still have some family over there and my little brother just moved back there not to long ago. Maybe we could get together if I ever make it back over there? ( sorry about the World Cup, or are you a England fan?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
We have pretty much to the best of our knowledge doggy proofed the area they stay in. They have done really good with their apartments. When they get tired or super bored they will go in their apartment on their own. Am I naive? Yes. We had a 92 pound Olde English and thought the same thing. He ate a portion of our Sheetrock off the wall.

OP
Leon van houkje

Leon van houkje

Mar 17, 2014
Groningen, North Holland
Country
Holland
Bulldog(s) Names
Leon Van T' Houkje
Leon would jump out of those pens he can jump really high, the wife was outside cleaning her motorbike and he wanted to see so he jumped up onto the windowsill

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online