Bruisers post surgery

Bruisers dad

Jul 15, 2014
Prescott AZ.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
I'm a wreck, thank god his momma has not seen him yet( she is at work) He had 3 surgeries today. He got neutered, a prolapsed urethra and his entropia fixed. It was a lot for my little man. He is so doped up that it's scary and comforting at the same time. His breathing is really heavy and he is still bleeding pretty bad, we have to go back in the morning because of it, they don't like to leave a bulldog over night with no supervision because of the breathing after surgery. So we got to bring him home to watch him. I finally got him to lay down and the breathing to get a little normal. I took his cone off as soon as we got home to make him feel more comfy, and just keeping a close eye on him. We don't have kids yet and it is hard to watch our baby like this, he is our kid. ( it may sound kinda weird but we have not experienced kids yet lol) thank you all for the support. If any of you have any suggestions they are always welcome. I will keep you all posted.
uvynu5aq.jpg
ruse2e5a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
God Bless this Baby, I am so Glad he is at home with you, Please keep us posted on how Bruiser is doing. I will Pray :pray:for this Sweet Bully Baby, he looks like he has had a rough day. Kisses and Loads Of Hugs for this Baby. :kisskiss:
sign0168.gif
:hug:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Awe Bruiser I hope you'll feel much better in the days to come. You absolutely did the right thing with having it all done at one time. He'll be in my thoughts today.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Poor bruiser, very stressful watching your bullie recover from surgery :( GET WELL SOON BEAUTIFUL BOY !!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgHi Dave, I'm so glad Bruisers' surgeries are done and he is back home and okay. Having all 3 surgeries done at the same time was the best decision to do. We did the same with Blossom, we had her spayed and her cherry eye done at the same time. We also didn't use any cone with her or Dozer after he was neutered, they never touched or licked their stitches. I don't think they can reach there. Lol. If you find Bruiser is licking or scratching his surgery areas, you can buy a soft cone from Petsmart or PetValu, they are more comfortable than the rigid plastic ones. He will be on pain medications for a few days, so he should mostly sleep as he will be drowsy from the meds. The hardest part I found after the surgeries, was trying to keep them from running and jumping around, they were themselves pretty soon, and wanted to play as usual. You want to make sure he's not jumping up and down from beds, couches, etc. I hope he has a quick and easy recovery, and he heals up quick. Feel better Buddy.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yep they are our kids so we totally understand! I have 4 skin kids also but always had pets and my bulldog before they arrived. So it doesn't change! Hope he feels better today, they really are troopers. The anesthesia can really make them feel loopy for 24 hours. Hopefully the blood is not a concern, let us know how he's doing today. :grouphug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Praying that all goes well with Bruiser's recovery. One of mine recently had a spay, and both eyes-entropion done at one time. She did very well. The worst trouble was her wearing the cone. I could not leave it off because I was afraid she would scratch her eyes. She has very tender skin and got sores from the come-I did get a softer one, but it was too hot(it was black/nylon. If I had another done, I would get the "donut". I thank [MENTION=10979]Bella and Dozers Dad[/MENTION] for his concern when mine was done. Everyone was busy.
Pray that Bruiser's bleeding stop and he does well!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I hope the weekend is going well with your baby.... Hugs for a quick recovery

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.