He hates his collar!!!!

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank the Tank Bowne AKA "Frankie"
So, Last week I got Frankie a really nice collar... I decided that at home he could be "naked" and we would only use it when going away so that he will like it... Bad idea.. He hates it.. He hates it at home, in the car, at Petsmart, EVERYWHERE!

I don't know what to do because I'm worried he is going to create a hot spot because he will just scratch and scratch at it until I give in and take it off... BOOOOOO!! lol

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Try Frankie on a harness. They are much easier for both you and Frankie. But stick with it

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is it just for 'dress up'

alyw9876

Jul 18, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Milly
Harness is better because e.b. have a small trakia (so?) Says my vet and collars are not good for them. King harness with traffic loop and matching leash is what I have. It's at petsmart. I've had mine for a year haven't needed a new one yet. When it gets dirty you can toss it in the laundry with ur towels and it's clean. I'd look into it :)

OP
F

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank the Tank Bowne AKA "Frankie"
Is it just for 'dress up'

No, it's for when we go out. I wanted him to just get used to wearing it when we go somewhere, not necessarily around the house but when we are out. I was told by the person I got him from that a harness was not a good idea because EB's have a lot of strength in their chests so he would just pull me all over... I see now, that was not good advice.. lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No, it's for when we go out. I wanted him to just get used to wearing it when we go somewhere, not necessarily around the house but when we are out. I was told by the person I got him from that a harness was not a good idea because EB's have a lot of strength in their chests so he would just pull me all over... I see now, that was not good advice.. lol

Well, the breeder is not totally wrong, a harness does help them pull, but if you train them right, they will just walk right next to you (takes some time)

I used the easy-walker for traiining and then once they knew to stay next to me, I switched to a step-in harness

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Try the collar everyday, a little at a time, and then increase the time the more he gets used to it. Keep it up and before you know it, he will be walking with it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.