Do you let your Bully put his head out the window when riding in the car?

Do you let your Bully hang his head out the car window??

• Yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank the Tank Bowne AKA "Frankie"
My Frankie LOVES to put his head out the window as we are driving down the road.. I let him but only for a few short seconds and NEVER when I'm driving, only when I'm riding. I have to admit, it is SUPER cute, BUT scares me a bit.. How about you guys?!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
No we don't let our guys stick their head out the window, I'd be afraid that they would try to jump out. Also my female had cherry eye I. Both eyes when she was 5 months old, and we had them repaired when she was 7 months old. The vet told us not to let her stick her head out of the window because the wind would irritate and dry out her eyes. It's also not good for their ears.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:rofl: Banks is TERRIFIED of the car. I am lucky to get her in it

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I'm terrified to do it. I think if he could fit his head out, he could put his paws up and push the window down - would never take the chance

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Never. I crack the window and he sniffs out of the top. He has tried to jump out before. I was holding him by his harness and he never had a chance BUT he still tried. Not worth it.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
No Elmo is also terrified of the car, he just lays down and goes to sleep, sometimes he will sit up and look around.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Nope. Harlea get buckled in the middle of the back seat. She has enough slack to move side to side and look out the windows if she wants to but she usually just plops down and goes to sleep.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Never. I crack the window and he sniffs out of the top. He has tried to jump out before. I was holding him by his harness and he never had a chance BUT he still tried. Not worth it.
Chance and I had our struggles as well am terrified a rock or something comes flying into their head most often is sleeping in his crate during car rides.

Cuddles116

Jan 15, 2013
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock & Brink
Lol ALWAYS, the boys LOVE it, it's adorable! I have them secured whenever we do so it's no worries.

Denying a car ride with the head out the window sounds like cruel and unusual punishment, it's like denying a good belly rub.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Nope, windows up and the A/C going.

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
I used to have a Shar-pei, they also have sensitive eyes, we let him stick his head out the window and a week later his eyelashes rolled inward... So nope not with Tucker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mindyclax

Jul 28, 2014
Lol ALWAYS, the boys LOVE it, it's adorable! I have them secured whenever we do so it's no worries.

Denying a car ride with the head out the window sounds like cruel and unusual punishment, it's like denying a good belly rub.

mindyclax

Jul 28, 2014
Ah...how sad. What a finicky lil breed we have. I'm with you Cuddles116. Seems like such a part of the dog experience. Wish they all could.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.