Rumble's ACL Update AND contest!

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Rumble is now 8 weeks post TPLO surgery to repair his left ACL. He has had restrictions lifted on the amount of walking he can do (originally it was a half block a day) but still has restrictions on running and jumping. Rumble is just so excited to be doing something besides laying around....I know I know. He is a bulldog and everyone presumes he is lazy so they are look at my like :w00t: when I say he has tons of energy but I know you guys understand how rambunctious they can be! We are even starting to let him off the leash in the backyard to go to the bathroom. It is wonderful! Since his x-rays showed that his bone has healed the vet said we do not need to come back so I am a little unsure on how long we have to still have the no running, jumping, stairs and no slick floors restrictions. Any opinions? I know it will take time to rehab him but I also know he is dying to get some interaction and excitement!

Which leads me to my next point and I know I am horrible at mentioning contests but I let Rumble venture out of the house last weekend and we had his photo taken to help rescues. He is currently being beat by two different photos of boxers! While they are adorable, I think we all agree that the bulldog should win :p. So please take a couple seconds and click this link https://www.facebook.com/A1PetEmpor...04176574821/10152429259034822/?type=3&theater and like Rumble's photo so you can vote for him. Share his photo as well so that he can get as many votes as possible! By paying for his photo, a portion of that went to a local rescue that day and then if he wins he is in a calendar and the proceeds from the sales of the calendar go to a different rescue so it is helping a lot of animals.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW... two full months already!!! That seemed to fly, but I am sure it was slow torture for you and Rumble! I would do as you are for at least two more weeks, just to be safe.

I'll vote tonight

girlbully

Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
My vet said they recover quicker from this kind of surgery if they can swim.

mindyclax

Jul 28, 2014
I hope you vote just by liking. What a cutey! I love that someone wanted to adopt him but the rescue place said no way would you ever part with him! Haha they know you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy he is doing well after the surgery. That is a great pic of him and he should win. :)

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Glad all went well and Rumble is ready and raring to go someplace, and yes i voted for him even though Boxers hold a special place in my heart

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Glad to hear Rumbles is doing well. We are now 3 days post-op for right acl TPLO. How long did Rumble take to put any weight on his leg? Any helpful tips are greatly appreciated. We voted.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.