amdeemer

May 16, 2014
Pennsylvania, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Archie
Hi everyone,

Archie has a spot under his chin in his neck folds that seems a little dark & at first we thought it was bruising, but now it seems that it's more likely a spot where his collar has rubbed away fur on his neck. When I was a child, we had a Chinese Shar-Pei & this same thing happened to her. He has a New Earth collar & it seems to fit him perfectly fine & is not tight at all. This spot doesn't seem to bother Archie, but I feel bad nonetheless. I was curious if anyone else's bully had this issue & if you found a collar brand that didn't rub so much.

Thanks!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I had a boxer that the same thing happened. Unless we are going some where and taking Harlea with us she doesn't wear a collar at all and even when she does we take it off as soon as we get home. Due to all of the wrinkles and extra skin rolls I don't like to leave it on her for long periods.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas also goes "naked" at home, when I take him out, like to the vet or get his nails done, he wears a harness. We have a totally fenced in back yard and living here in FL. he only goes out to potty and right back in. So no collar needed.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We always take the collars or harness off ours when they are home, but know we rarely use a collar.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
We don't use collars. Is your yard secure. Can't you take it off at night or when he's in the yard ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We do the same.... collar is only for dress up and holding tags. Naked at home and a harness for walks

OP
amdeemer

amdeemer

May 16, 2014
Pennsylvania, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Archie
Thanks everyone! We do have a fenced in yard so we've decided to go collar free while at home. Hoping the mark on his neck improves quickly!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.