broken AC, Ruckus is not pleased

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Ruckus said, "Yeah mom, I'm just going to lay in front of these fans until you remedy this whole heat situation....thanks."

Came home yesterday to my house feeling like a sauna. AC technician comes at 2PM....until then we have lots of fans and a bucket of ice dumped into the shower for Ruckus to lay on. He has claimed his spot in between the two fans I have set up in the living room.

hot.jpgno AC.jpgphoto.jpg

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Oh Ruckus. I feel sorry for you and your mom. We live up the road from you in Central Maryland and we can say it is nasty outside with the heat and humidity. The weather is calling for a cool front to come in this afternoon with "thunder movies." So Ruckus, hit the ice and stay cool with the fans until the cooler air arrives or your AC is fixed.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Poor Ruckus yesterday-he must have been glad to see you-and the fans! I know how hot it gets in DC! It has been so hot and humid here this year. That happened to us
last summer. The cause of mine not blowing cold was a spider/web in a connector on the outside unit. Tech cleaned it out, and all was GO!! He didn't even charge me. Whew, I got lucky with that one! The unit was only 2 yrs old. Hope you cool off soon (and at a bargain $).:hot::hot:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Aww poor Ruckus, It's tuff having to "ruff" it!!! Stay cool my friend.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
that is one smart boy!!

Good luck with the HVAC... hope it is fixed today!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor guys, you and Ruckus. I don't know what I would do without my AC. I've had mine on since the end of May.
I hope you get it fixed soon, and it's nothing major, and to so hard on the pocket book. Stay cool guys, thank goodness for fans.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awe man that sucks! Happened to us last summer so I know how awful it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Wooohooooo!!!! It was just a clogged drainage line and it shut off to prevent flooding. The house is still warm, but the AC is back on and it should be cooled down by nighttime. Ruckus managed to get some vanilla ice cream for a midday snack when the repairman was at the house because I felt bad making him stay in his crate while it was so hot (repairman was terrified).

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online