Prolapsed urethra

Bruisers dad

Jul 15, 2014
Prescott AZ.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
The whole reason I found EBN is because my Bruiser has a prolapsed urethra. I know somebody here has dealt with this problem because EBN is how I figured out what it was. Bruiser has surgery Friday to take care of this problem, but also to get neutered and take care of some minor entropia on his eye lids. It is going to be a long day for my little man. I was just wondering if any body knows what I should be expecting ? I'm not sure if I should post a picture of his problem ? I'm still really new here. So if any body has any advice or thoughts on the issue, I am all ears. If there is anything I can do for him to make his day easier please let me know. Also if somebody would let me know if it's bad form to post a picture of the prolapsed urethra, I'm curios for the future?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I wouldn't object to a picture Dave. Hershey has hypospadias where the urethra comes out of a small hole in the underside of the penis. I'm curious to learn more about a prolapsed urethra. Wishing Bruiser and you good luck on Friday! Keep us updated!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The whole reason I found EBN is because my Bruiser has a prolapsed urethra. I know somebody here has dealt with this problem because EBN is how I figured out what it was. Bruiser has surgery Friday to take care of this problem, but also to get neutered and take care of some minor entropia on his eye lids. It is going to be a long day for my little man. I was just wondering if any body knows what I should be expecting ? I'm not sure if I should post a picture of his problem ? I'm still really new here. So if any body has any advice or thoughts on the issue, I am all ears. If there is anything I can do for him to make his day easier please let me know. Also if somebody would let me know if it's bad form to post a picture of the prolapsed urethra, I'm curios for the future?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes photos of a prolapse would be great to help others identify it.

Oh no worries, We've seen many crazy but necessary pictures and boys stick out the lipstick in pictures often anyway :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bruisers dad

Bruisers dad

Jul 15, 2014
Prescott AZ.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
Thank you guys for your support. I hope this can help people in the future.
0715141411.jpg

OP
Bruisers dad

Bruisers dad

Jul 15, 2014
Prescott AZ.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruiser
Prolapsed urethra / no. 2

Thank you all for the support I hope this can help people in the future.
a6apybu3.jpg

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I will be Praying for Bruiser on his surgery day. LOL and Kisses to this Precious Boy. :pray:
sign0168.gif
:kisskiss:

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
Best of luck with all of Bruiser surgery Friday! One of my guys goes under the knife Monday which is always scary with these guys!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sending lots of prayers and postive thoughts to you and Bruiser! keep us posted on Friday so we know how he is doing

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=12389]Bruisers dad[/MENTION] Sending good thoughts and prayers for your boy. One of mine had entropion surgery on both eyes and was spayed also all at once. She did fine. The worst part of it all was that she had to wear the dreaded cone for two weeks, so she couldn't scratch her eyes. Her skin is very tender and she got sores around her neck from the cone. It took longer to heal those sores than her surgeries! The surgeries were no problem-just the cone!

Tiera Gonzales

Dec 14, 2014
USA
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Heyman Tulio Joe "JOE"
Hello! This is my first time to this forum and I'm new to it! I am also a first time bully owner but forever bully lover. My Joe has been diagnosed with a prolapsed Urethra just today. Very scary with all the blood. However I am trying to find out what I should be expecting for cost of this procedure. I want him to have the ultimate best, however the hospital vet today gave me an estimate that it will be between 3400-4500. This seems so crazy to me. I know bulldogs will have many medical costs however, for his first one this is very scary. If anyone can give me any idea on if I should consult with a different vet please let me know. thanks so much. I am in CA btw if that helps.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hello! This is my first time to this forum and I'm new to it! I am also a first time bully owner but forever bully lover. My Joe has been diagnosed with a prolapsed Urethra just today. Very scary with all the blood. However I am trying to find out what I should be expecting for cost of this procedure. I want him to have the ultimate best, however the hospital vet today gave me an estimate that it will be between 3400-4500. This seems so crazy to me. I know bulldogs will have many medical costs however, for his first one this is very scary. If anyone can give me any idea on if I should consult with a different vet please let me know. thanks so much. I am in CA btw if that helps.

That seems pretty high, Gary is in SoCal and his was around $2000, so sorry to hear about your baby! Where in ca are you?

BuckeyeBullyMama

Dec 6, 2014
Ohio
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Cady
Cooper's urethral prolapse surgery was $2000 just this past August in Ohio. It's very scary and messy with all the blood!

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I was somewhat hesitant to respond to this thread but I figured I would share my experience.

When Goob was about 6 months old he was playing with his favorite pug friends. I noticed that there was some blood on the ground so my friend and I checked our dog's cheeks and face b/c sometimes the puppies would grab each other and break the skin (nothing vicious just puppy play). There weren't any cuts but when Goob stood up, there was a little bit of blood on the concrete. I checked his boy part and it looked EXACTLY like the picture above with a LITTLE bit of blood. My friend knew what it was and she told me to research it and if necessary, call his vet.

I took him home and checked it out. The stories were not pretty, sometimes prolapsed urethra is life threatening. BUT it went away the next day and figured maybe, I (in my genius), misdiagnosed him. When I was doing my research it indicated that the surgery wasn't always successful and that some dogs could grow up with their boy parts returning to normal. I believe that is what happened with Goob. His boy part only resembled the above picture once a month or less and it only bled a couple drops once or twice more within his first year with us.

His little boy part is now normal and we have never had an issue with him (He is now 3 1/2 years old). The reason for my hesitance in responding to this thread was that I didn't want anyone to think I was suggesting that they ignore this issue. Goob's vet was a good friend and she told us that she wasn't concerned about it since she always saw him when his boy part looked normal. I never saw blood around this area other than the couple times he was playing with his pug friends.

I truly wish you and Bruiser the best when he has his surgery!
IMAG1402.jpg>Now

Megan rayanne

Aug 13, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Marlow
Marlow just had surgery on Friday. Also got him neutered. The cost was 900. Still bleeding today but hoping it gets better.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.