Is it my shampoo?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I do not know what it is, but both Bella and Sophie go crazy when I wash my hair. My hair is real long so some mornings I put it up wet, needless to say it is still wet when I get home and let it down. Bella will get on top of the sofa and start biting and pulling it. It is like she is obsessed with the smell of my hair. Sophie will try to play in it as well and in the morning she rolls on my pillow.

Anyone else have this problem? The worst part is while they root in my hair, most of the time they are clawing and trying to lick, sometimes getting my glasses. URGH:p

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
I do'nt know if its your shampoo
but that would be a pain if you were
trying to sleep.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
My hair is just below my shoulders all one length, when I wear it down, Vegas does not even notice, on the weekends when I put it in a pony tail he will jump on the couch, get behind me and start pawing and chewing my ponytail, I thought this was weird, but I guess I am not the only one!! BUT one thing leads to another and 9 times out of 10 after trying to play with my hair he will try to hump me!!! :eek:

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
They might like the smell of your shampoo. Or they might just associate that smell with YOU, and they love you, so they love the smell.

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION], thank you. I know that dogs eat orthodontic retainers and night guards because of the human smell. I do know they do the same for my older son, but not for Terri or the youngest....Maybe the thicker hair holds in the smell more. Pierce and I both have extremely thick hair.

[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], it is funny you would say that. Tonight after a tug-o-war with Bella and my hair, she jumped over on the recliner and humped Terri!!! LOL That is the Alpha in her!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION], well at least YOU were not violated like I get!!! lol, and my hair is extremely thick!!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] my hair is long and thick/curly, down to my mid back, when its down Bear has no interest unless I am on the floor. But boy is he a leaping bulldog when I got my hair in a pony tail. Sometimes at night (I always have my hair in one at night) I wake up to him pawing at my head or sucking on my hair. I am like WTF. its annoying when he is trying to use me as a tug toy though it HURTS!!

[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] I feel your pain. But it happens more than when I just wash my hair. What kind of smell is your shampoo?

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Maybe it is your shampoo or because its wet. Samson never pays attention to my hair unless its wet, when its wet he tries to lick it but not everytime. I have pretty long hair myself, often only a couple inches above my belly button.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.