Acidophilus for dogs

karina

Feb 3, 2010
Has anyone used Acidophilus for their dog? Not the people kind, it's specific to dogs.

I'm at my wits ends, it's destroying my home now and I am on a mission to solve Dexter's problem. I don't believe it's yeast.

He eats adult avaderm, recommended by his doctor. He will be a year old Feb 2nd.

He starts the bland deal tomorrow........meantime I might resort to moving into my closet where the air is pure!

Wondering if anyone else gives their dog this?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] it is enzymes/probiotics that help aid in digestion.

So is it just that he is yeasty? He is stinky? That is why you want to live in your closet?

Giving probiotics is good, so if you are worrying about whether or not it is good, it is.

Just curious if he has gas too or is it the yeast you are hiding from? Or both?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], should I be giving that to Vegas? He really is not that gassy, due to the food change does not smell, not even comparable before the food change, and has not had yeast in months, again due to the food change.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] you could if you want to, although I am sure Nature's Variety has it already in it, but they do not state how much on their guaranteed analysis like Fromm does.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I gave Bella another brand when she was first diagnosed. Oh I can't remember the name, it is driving me :crazy:. I know it was very expensive. But now that she is on a great diet and maintained by her enzymes, I have taken her off it and it does great.
I will admit, last week I started putting two and two together, I switched from Fromm's to Orijen. Bella was getting real bad wet gas, constent. To the point I had to wipe her everytime! yuck. I thought it was a case of SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) which is very common with EPI, but her meds weren't changing it and as soon as I weaned her off, no more toots.....Yea. I am not sure what was in the Fromm's but it seems to have settled her stomach with the switch. Abby and Sophie are still on Fromm's and do fine.

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
I give Bruno Plain organic yogurt and an acidophilus pill every other day. The vet and my breeder said it was really good for him. He was having a stinky face and bad breath, and they both said it would take care of the problem and Oh Yes it did!
Acidophilus helps restore your dog's natural intestinal activity, improve a dog's coat and alleviate gas and gas-related bad breath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJzlxEBw2mo

Last edited:

Emmitt E

Nov 1, 2010
Emmitt has started to have stinky breath. I figured it was just that he was losing his puppy breath. Interesting. I'll look into this.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
I have never heard of that....Lola and Brodie have room clearing bad gas, but I think it is their food (Tase of the WIld - - hubby calls it "Smell of the Wild"). They have no other issues besides that. Brodie has been on that food since the week of Christmas but still has eye stains/runny eyes, not bad but has them. I am going to start looking at that to see if it is the food or what. Lola had them too but went away when family stopped giving her table food and we also cut back on treats since the holidays are over.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.