Play fighting

gabrielsbulldogs

Oct 26, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
oX,RIP Monroe, and Tonka
Do your bulldogs play fight with each other and sometimes bite their loose skin from the their neck to the point that there's a little blood? They are just playing, not aggressive, neither of the two are on top of the others when I see it I immediately stop it even though they are just playing I don't like it. Just wanted if this is normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Mine did that a lot when they were pups. Now they sometimes pull each other by the halters. They always want the same toy-and sometimes the fight escalates, and then I have to make them quit!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Mine did that a lot when they were pups. Now they sometimes pull each other by the halters. They always want the same toy-and sometimes the fight escalates, and then I have to make them quit!

Same here with Jewel and Bentley. Although, we have not had any "knicking" of the skin.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Yes. When we first got Frankie, Brutus would bite on Franks face. He had little scabs on his cheeks for the longest time. I guess the novelty of it has worn off and we were constantly telling him no so he has stopped. Now when they play Wrestmania they go for the legs and drag each other around the house by each others legs. Fun times had by all!! :fie:

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I only have the one bulldog, but a lot of his puppy friends like to hang on his jowels. He tolerates it for a bit, then shakes them off.

OP
gabrielsbulldogs

gabrielsbulldogs

Oct 26, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
oX,RIP Monroe, and Tonka
Yes. When we first got Frankie, Brutus would bite on Franks face. He had little scabs on his cheeks for the longest time. I guess the novelty of it has worn off and we were constantly telling him no so he has stopped. Now when they play Wrestmania they go for the legs and drag each other around the house by each others legs. Fun times had by all!! :fie:

Thanks for replying I was starting to worry and think it would not stop

OP
gabrielsbulldogs

gabrielsbulldogs

Oct 26, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
oX,RIP Monroe, and Tonka
I only have the one bulldog, but a lot of his puppy friends like to hang on his jowels. He tolerates it for a bit, then shakes them off.

Yes specially if you have a male since them have more loose skin

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes they like doing that, but we always make them stop, so the other one won't get cut from the bite.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, my 22lb Frenchie LOVEs to chew, pull nad just plain annoy the heck out of my 60lb Bulldog! She has little 'pot' mark all over her jowls from im. No matter how much we stop im... he is just relentless

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
its completely normal -my girls ,in fact any dog i had a pleasure to live with done the same

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.