Wag that... butt??

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank the Tank Bowne AKA "Frankie"
Hello All!! So yesterday my husband's friend Chad came over to the house and although he had only met Frankie once or twice before that as soon as Frankie saw him he ran to him and was WAGGING his tail!! I was SUPER jealous because, let's face it.. I do everything for him and here is this "friend" (a sketchy one at that) who is getting him all excited.. what is up with that?!?!

I got to thinking that I had never seen him do this before and I know he is young so I thought.. whooo hoooo, another milestone for my Frankie Boy! I did a search on tail wagging in the forum section and read a bit but mostly saw people talking about bully's "wagging" their butts since they tend to lack in the tail department.

So, I guess my question is, does anyone else have a bully that does in fact wag their tail? I've never seen him do it before, do you think it's something he just learned? It doesn't take much to get me excited and sometimes it is hard to tell if he's happy since all of his face pretty much look the same.. :biglaugh:

boxorox

Jul 2, 2014
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Ruby has a 5" straight tail and it always points straight down...right up tight to the poop shoot. BUT, when she has friends over(other dogs), it goes up and becomes prehensile! It is ridiculously funny. It not only wags, the entire tail writhes.
I know what some might be thinking....it's not docked. It's natural and narrow.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank wags his little nub of a tail when he is happy....mostly where food is involved! Lol

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
Hello All!! So yesterday my husband's friend Chad came over to the house and although he had only met Frankie once or twice before that as soon as Frankie saw him he ran to him and was WAGGING his tail!! I was SUPER jealous because, let's face it.. I do everything for him and here is this "friend" (a sketchy one at that) who is getting him all excited.. what is up with that?!?!

I got to thinking that I had never seen him do this before and I know he is young so I thought.. whooo hoooo, another milestone for my Frankie Boy! I did a search on tail wagging in the forum section and read a bit but mostly saw people talking about bully's "wagging" their butts since they tend to lack in the tail department.

So, I guess my question is, does anyone else have a bully that does in fact wag their tail? I've never seen him do it before, do you think it's something he just learned? It doesn't take much to get me excited and sometimes it is hard to tell if he's happy since all of his face pretty much look the same.. :biglaugh:

IMG_0391 (800x533).jpg
Dozer on the left has a tail and he wags it back and fourth but he will wag his whole butt if hes realy excited, Bella on the right has a cork screw tail which is more or less just a nub but she will move that little nub back and fourth as well.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea has a little flat paddle tail that she will wag from time to time but when she gets really excited she wags her whole rear end.

JakeP

May 6, 2014
Burbank CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake has a small tail but he does his "butt wiggle" every time I come home. It is so cute.
tyzaru8a.jpg
ezy6e3u3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
I threw a lot of the evidence away, mainly leather shoes, then there's the pool we had for a couple days...
2e7u5a9u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Arnold wags his tail but it is about 4 inches and straight down. Bertha's wags her butt like a pro

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Elmo's tail is a corkscrew tail so he cannot wag his tail, when he gets excited he drops to the floor on his 2 front paws and lifts his Butt for us to scratch.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Jewel and Bentley do what we call, "shake your booty." This ritual occurs when we get home from work and when acquaintances come by or familiar face a PetSmart.

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Holly wags her tail all the time and if she's really excited her tail and bottom will wag in unison! My wife complains that I get more tail wagage than her......idk that's just the way it is :cool:

OP
F

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank the Tank Bowne AKA "Frankie"
Holly wags her tail all the time and if she's really excited her tail and bottom will wag in unison! My wife complains that I get more tail wagage than her......idk that's just the way it is :cool:

I can relate to your wife!! I'm convinced my Frankie hates me and LOVES my husband!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.