To get my bully fixed or not??

Jacqueline Amanda

Apr 21, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
Im having a hard time deciding if I should get my lil guy fixed or not. I adpoted him with out any form of papers. I would like to stud him out maybe at some point in his life when he gets older if it were a possibility. BUT I am tired of being humped lol!! I was told that it may fix his problem and it may not? Does anyone have any light at the end of the tunnel for me??:pray:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hello [MENTION=2616]Jacque[/MENTION]lineAmanda I see no reason why you would be thinking of breeding your bulldog. Anyone who is going to go through the expense of breeding,ceasarian (sp?)section births, and raising pups will want to breed to an AKC registered male. Your dog may look perfect, but a legitimate breeder would not breed to him. There are too many dogs looking for homes now. As for the humping-it most likely WILL help lessen that-and he also can be taught not to do it, after he is neutered, once the hormones have left. It is not only a sexual thing-but also a dominance thing, and it probably has become a habit by now. My advice would be to have him neutered, and do not allow him to hump. He can be taught not to.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
In my true honest opinion if you have adopted him without any papers, he probably isn't the quality of a bully that should be studded out. That doesn't make him a bad bully, but really only the best and tested should breed. Also fixing doesn't always cure humping, training and authority could work better.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Im having a hard time deciding if I should get my lil guy fixed or not. I adpoted him with out any form of papers. I would like to stud him out maybe at some point in his life when he gets older if it were a possibility. BUT I am tired of being humped lol!! I was told that it may fix his problem and it may not? Does anyone have any light at the end of the tunnel for me??:pray:

Humping in most cases is two-fold.... nuetering will help, but training and telling him it is unwanted behavior will also need to take place to fully stop it for happening.

OP
J

Jacqueline Amanda

Apr 21, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
I def tell him no and that it is not what he should be doing...he only really does it when no one is paying attention to him. And the only reason he doesnt have papers is because he was bought by someone else they ended up not wanting him and they brought him back. so i got him for an adoption fee. Both his mother and father have papers I have seen them from both the owner of the mother and father. Didnt know how to go about trying to get his papers.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I def tell him no and that it is not what he should be doing...he only really does it when no one is paying attention to him. And the only reason he doesnt have papers is because he was bought by someone else they ended up not wanting him and they brought him back. so i got him for an adoption fee. Both his mother and father have papers I have seen them from both the owner of the mother and father. Didnt know how to go about trying to get his papers.

not sure how to get a copy of them... if you are talking with his breeding famiuly, maybe they can tell you how to get a copy from the AKC? [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] - any idea if she can get copies?

if he does the humping for attention... then just take him for more or a little longer walk, if possible. He has puppy energy to get out and he is looking for an outlet.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
The humping need not be connected to him not being neutered. My bulldog is intact and he has never done that. Hopefully you can find some way of diverting him so he stops!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Fyi, my female humps more than my intact male. Also I have read that their many causes of humping including exitement (not sexual kind). How old is your male? I would tell you would prefer the humping to the semen leak spots on my floor, Or maybe that is just Arnold, lol

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
If you can get the pups AKC number, you can get the papers tranfered into your name, but the owner has to sign the transfer papers too. If you are not going to show him, then you don't really need the papers and if you are not going to show him and get his championship, then I wouldn't breed him.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.