RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Guys do you think this time next year our pups will be able to float on their own rafts like our Frenchie used to? My wife would move Gus up on his float to the stairs and tell him to go pee pee and he would get out pee then run back and get on his float. He would stay on his float all day if we would of let him. So far our EB's are so klutzy and paw pads are so slick they do not fair well today. But do you think they would make it next year?

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
I think a lot will depend on how stable they feel on their floats. When I lived on a lake in Maine, my bully would go out on the water on a floating chair but not on one of the foam floaties. That's just my experience, I think if you teach them as pups it really helps. I know some people with pools also get rafts for their dogs and let them float around

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How cool was that with your Frenchie! It will all depend on how they adjust to the pool, right now being puppies -- it is all curiosity and they probably do not just lay and enjoy

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I would definitely have life jackets on the boys when they are around the pool-or on the floats next year-and they will probably feel more secure with them-sort of like having a thundershirt hugging them-they will also be safe.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.