She doesn't have a full bladder. Its almost
like she is marking, but dang its been marked
already.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Bear is almost 11 months and has started to mark. I've been complaining about this all week, lol. I just have to follow him around. A good thing to try is pouring salt on the spot if its on carpet, it pulls it right up and easy to get up, no staining. I have my steam cleaner at the ready because I can't use salt on the kind of carpet i have now.

Its a puppy thing but its always good to call the vet if she has other symptoms. I swear Bear thinks its funny because he looks at me like he's proud after he goes in the house.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Oh wow, good tip! I've never heard of using salt. I always fold up a bunch of layers of paper towel and then step on it to soak it up from the carpet, then use the steam cleaner. bfletch13: Do you make sure you clean up those few drops really well? She might be doing it because she can smell urine in the carpet.

OP
bfletch13

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Yes we clean it up but thinking about
going ahead and using a steam cleaner
just to make sure.

Normally we just use a paper towel and
pet cleaner. Might have to get a little more
in depth with our cleaning.

And as we speak she just did it!! :angry:

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION], salt works extremely well on short thread carpet, the only drawback is you have to wait for it to completely dry before you take it up or it won't work. It gets cakelike, its amazing because in all the times I've done it in the pass, there has never been a stain left!!

[MENTION=1621]bfletch13[/MENTION] I would try a deeper clean. I used to use something called Nature's Miracle which is supposed to get rid of what ever makes the puppies/dogs go back to the same spots. It may work or something like it might be good to try.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online