Thread: We just joined the reject club

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leo & Lola
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: We just joined the reject club

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Yeah, I don't get it either, it doesn't make seshe, and it doesn't seem fair that you aren't accepted because they have made the decision for you that you can't provide for this dog. If you are willing and you have shown that you are already an experienced EB parent, and that you are responsible and in a position to provide, then you should be allowed to adopt.
    can you not call them back, and speak to someone higher up, and explain this, and maybe have them reconsider?
    I guess I could, but for me, the bigger picture was to help a dog. I don't want to get in an argument with anyone about how great I think I would be for that specific dog when they already have their mind made up. Who knows the real reason? For all I know, maybe she didn't like the sound of my voice when we talked. The bigger picture for me is to help a bulldog. Any bulldog I suppose. I chose that specific one to adopt because he was not dog aggressive or too advanced in age and I felt he would be able to fit in with my social and highly playful duo. I'll tell you though, it sure makes it hard to recommend a rescue to people wanting a bulldog when I can't even fit the criteria.
    It all made me think of that movie "Best in Show". For those who have not seen it, stream it on Netflix. SO funny and true!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I understand they they are trying to do their best for the dogs-but they are not being fair, turning people down-not giving home visits just deciding over the phone. Many people get discouraged and go buy a pup, who would have rescued.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fatso, Romeo
    Likes (Received)

I know how you feel about this.. We were also turned down a few years ago by a rescue in New Jersey ..basically we were told we didn't have enough experience with bulldogs and it was frustrating because how do you get experience and when we know the right thing is to adopt..we had no other pets, older children, a fenced in yard and a great vet reference and plenty of time for the dog but they said no..we ended up finding not 1 but 2 boys that needed homes and they are the loves of my life!! And spoiled rotten to boot so keep you're chin up.. It seems like even on this site thee are quite a few bulldogs that need rehoming and maybe one of them could be right for you.. Even years ago I tried to adopt a cat through petsmart after my older cat passed from liver problems and they took so long to get back to me..almost 2 months that I had already gotten a kitten from someone I knew by that time..I feel like a lot of rescues like to keep it in their circle and are judgemental if they don't know you..now that I have 2 bulldogs I've been asked several times if I can take another in..it's just crazy how that works??

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker
    Likes (Received)

It makes me sad to know a lot of these dogs would have really good homes and loving parents. I think the rules have become a bit too ridiculous , oh well like you said to your self don't get upset there will be another bully for you to love, and that will need a good home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

This is heartbreaking… and it seems to be happening a lot lately. I commend you for taking the high road, but it infuriates me when you see them on FB begging people to rescue bullies. What exactly are they looking for?!! SMH…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Country
    CANADA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
    Likes (Received)

Don't give up ..i know there's a bully that needs your love...

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hoss (Should be Gorgeous)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry t hear that...been there... done that...and then rejected. I had some really good advice from some people here and I followed up with he rescue and told hem they were being unfair and denying a good dog to a good home. I don't know if it will change anything, but I feel better knowing I tried. Best of Luck..

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

So sorry to hear this. It can be absolutely frustrating to be rejected for seemingly no good reason when there are so many bulldogs that need homes. I hope that it works out soon for you and you get to adopt.
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

Doggie Boutique Owner MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Awww keep checking local shelters in time you will find one. Don't give up.

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin' groomzilla Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ron
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

When it is time it will fall in your lap and work out for all involved and poof a new family member that feels like they were there all along, thank you for opening up your heart to another

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads