Are we crazy or just blessed?

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Just wondering what everybody does with their EB while they're at work. I just got out of school when we got Goob so I was able to spend my entire day with him; training him and loving on him. About a month later, I got a part time job and Goob stayed in his crate while I was gone. Now, my husband and I have our own house and Goob is 3 years old. My husband doesn't want me to work full time so I can take care of the house and of course...Mr. Goob. Some people look at us like were crazy because I stay home....with our dog (no human children).

My husband makes enough to run our household and I am still working part time. Crazy???

Is anyone else a stay at home mom of an EB?

mikesbandit

Feb 21, 2014
For the first year, i took Billy with me everywhere and he slept in his crate at night. Now (he's almost 2), he would rather sleep the day away in his crate than jump in the car. I'm away a maximum 8 hours, but usually can swing by home for an hour or so for lunch.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
There's isn't a ton of time where the dogs have to be home alone but they stay in their crates when we do leave. :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You are definitely blessed, if you can do it, Why Not? You have the best of both worlds, who wouldn't want to stay at home and enjoy your baby, and snuggle time? And you can still get out and work part time, but because you want to, not because you have to. I say we're crazy for our bullies, and blessed to have them.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Blessed, definitely blessed. I have to travel next week and I skype with Bocephus so he knows I miss him.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I'm home with our dogs, not that I can work anyway cos of permit issues but I think I'd probably not work full time even if I could... and that's ALL because of the bulldogs:tongue:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Im sadly a full time carer to my hubby -the only thing that keeps me sane are my girls xxx skin and fur - you are definitely blessed to be able spend a lot of time with your bully

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I work full time, from home...so I'm blessed with two of the most talented and entertaining office assistants!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bully's = Blessing's

If you're crazy because of this you've got a lot company. My wife is a stay at home mom to Buster.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I think you are a very lucky person. I hope to be retired retired in the near future. Then I will be home with my bully kids except for an occassional round of golf.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Incredibly BLESSED!!!

BTW - no, I'm not jealous :stinkeye:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Very blessed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pattonsmom

Apr 9, 2014
CT
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
General Patton
I am jealous! Good for you! I think if people have the option to do it that is awesome! I absolutely would if I could. Patton's dad and I both have demanding jobs so Patton drives with me to work every day and I drop him off at doggy day care and pick him up when work is over and we drive home together. It breaks my bank just about lol but he LOVES day care so I can't take it away from him. On the weekends he sits at the inside garage door and cries because he's waiting for me to take him to my car and drive him to day care. Love my little monster!!!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I don't blame you and can certainly identify with it. If you can swing it financially and ya'll both agree, good for you that you can stay with you beloved dog

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online