JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Hi everyone!
This new job is kicking my butt. I'm sticking to a schedule, and trying to grow this business. Just a few updates on Ruthie and Brutus. I think ruthie is depressed. She just hasn't been the same since we got brutus. The only time she's happy anymore is when she's playing in the pool or running the fence with her friends next door. Other than that, she's sleeping. Maybe she's just getting older. :( . She had another cysts on her foot but it's going away again. it was in the same exact place. I think if it comes back again, i'm going to have the vet cut it out. She's just been her ornery little self. i've upgraded her treats to watermelon this summer cause she deserves it!

Brutus is still brutus. Doing what he wants at all times. I feel like the past few weeks we have got him to listen a little and relaxed a bit. I think he knows this is home now. I have been using those small chuck-it balls to control him. I have them strategically placed around the house and outside so i always have one at my disposal. His concentration goes from whatever he's getting into to his ball if i grab one. He fits in so well here, we couldn't have got a better dog. He's so wild and unruly but so incredibly perfect for us. Here are some photos of them. I love being home with them too. They sleep the day away after our morning walk but get up every once in a while and come into my office and check on me and get lovins.

b
ge8edybu.jpg
bupaqaje.jpg
a8a6u2a2.jpg
y6y4u7yg.jpg
6ybusute.jpg
uqevunu4.jpg
eqyja6eb.jpg
y6u7e5eg.jpg

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I love the. They are both beautiful! I feel the same way about chumley..looks ike he's depressed since Hershey came. Like he's not the king or center of attention anymore.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hi [MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION] Great to see you and the photos are so cute! They look content together. My dogs sleep a lot now they they are over a year-& up. They have "wrestling spurts!" Your two babies are precious and I love the tongues!! Good luck with your job! Gee, they both look so innocent.................

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I love the. They are both beautiful! I feel the same way about chumley..looks ike he's depressed since Hershey came. Like he's not the king or center of attention anymore.
Poor Chum. I think the same about Ruthie, but i make sure to do things just with her and give her lovins. she just is Blah anymore. it breaks my heart.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm glad you are settling into a routine. I think ruthie looks good.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank has rarely ever been an only dog between fosters but when he is....he has tons of excess energy because he only has us and himself to stay entertained. When he has a buddy...he is way more mellow because the other dog keeps him going and he wears out faster.

I wouldn't say Tank is depressed when he has another dog....I would say he is more worn out! Maybe you both are experiencing the buddy effect? Lol

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so happy to see pics of your babies, they are adorable :luv: Poor Ruthie, I can relate… Roxie seems depressed when Wally won't leave her the HELL alone. I make sure to keep him off her when I know she's tired, especially at night.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Tank has rarely ever been an only dog between fosters but when he is....he has tons of excess energy because he only has us and himself to stay entertained. When he has a buddy...he is way more mellow because the other dog keeps him going and he wears out faster.

I wouldn't say Tank is depressed when he has another dog....I would say he is more worn out! Maybe you both are experiencing the buddy effect? Lol

Great input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Those are some great photos of Ruthie and Brutus...both look adorable!

I'm sorry to hear that Ruthie seems a little depressed; I believe you still need to give it lots of time for the adjustment of having a 2nd bulldog around. A behaviorist i listen to often (Warren Eckstein) would use this analogy: What if your husband (or wife) suddenly brought in another woman (or man) into your home and she/he started using your stuff? like wearing your make-up, wearing your clothes, sleeping in your bed etc...Wouldn't you also be a little down in the dumps? Sort of like what Ruthie and Chumley are going thru right now, perhaps. Hoping that time and patience will alleviate the "down" feelings. [MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION], [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION]

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Those are some great photos of Ruthie and Brutus...both look adorable!

I'm sorry to hear that Ruthie seems a little depressed; I believe you still need to give it lots of time for the adjustment of having a 2nd bulldog around. A behaviorist i listen to often (Warren Eckstein) would use this analogy: What if your husband (or wife) suddenly brought in another woman (or man) into your home and she/he started using your stuff? like wearing your make-up, wearing your clothes, sleeping in your bed etc...Wouldn't you also be a little down in the dumps? Sort of like what Ruthie and Chumley are going thru right now, perhaps. Hoping that time and patience will alleviate the "down" feelings. @JennieS, @Chumley

Oh Henny, I love that train of thought. I hope everyone starts to feel better once they get more "used to" each other

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=5523]Bulldozersma[/MENTION], thanks! I should clarify that Warren Eckstein is an animal behaviorist, not human, just in case anyone was wondering! :D

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Good luck with the new job! Sounds like it is going well! Since we only have Frank, I don't have insight into changed moods when adding another bulldog, but do want to say that Ruthie and Brutus are looking so good and are adorable in the pictures!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... those pictures are awesome... tippy tongue!!!

Great news on the job and the update on the kiddies too..... I think Ruthie may just be getting older and prefers to sleep more than before. The cysts ae stubborn, but have you tried the epsom salt s soaks, do heywork for her at all?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.