Have you ever heard of miniature EB's???

Frankie's Mama

Jul 9, 2014
Muskegon, MI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank the Tank Bowne AKA "Frankie"
The breeder I got my Frankie from says his EB and his GF's EB are "miniature" EBs... Now, I know this is just a "selling gimmick" with other breeds so I haven't put much thought into it but thought I would ask the people that REALLY know EBs!! :hmm:

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
No such thing. There are non-purebred bulldogs that are smaller or there are small bulldogs. There are no miniature EBs

bigrod48

Jan 7, 2013
NEW YORK
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
I have a miniature english bulldog. He is a year old now. I know he isn't pure breed but he is the smaller version. He is very healthy .

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins
As far as I understand, there is no such thing as an actual miniature EB. They are just bred down EBs....a small EB bred with another small EB.

Riggins came from a breeder that breeds EB's on the smaller end of the AKC standard. They said they like the shorter but stalky bullies. I found out after the fact (he was a gift to me) that the breeders also own another business where they breed what THEY call "miniature" EBs. They sell those to all the celebs from what I've learned in my research. I also learned that somehow Riggins sire also sires for the "miniatures" as well as the standard EBs. Not sure how that works but I am assuming for the standard, he is bred with a "normal" EB. For their "miniatures" I assume they breed him with a small EB.

But Rigs came from their standard side of the business...so they say. He is a 100% purebred English Bulldog. Like I said, he is just on the smaller end of the AKC standard. He's a little guy but is really starting to grow and fill out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
People come up with all kinds of things to sell something. They may call a smaller EBD a miniature, but there is no such registration in the AKC. It's just another trick to charge more $ !:yes:

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
From my experience they call what my Wheezie is a miniature or freelance or hybrid.She is half English half French and papered. Both her parents are full blooded..Her dad is a Frenchie mom EB.She is 45 lbs about 14 inches tall and has control of her ears.But there are no minis in my mind.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I too have a half purebred French, and half purebred EBD. I just call her a Frenglish!

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
From my experience they call what my Wheezie is a miniature or freelance or hybrid.She is half English half French and papered. Both her parents are full blooded..Her dad is a Frenchie mom EB.She is 45 lbs about 14 inches tall and has control of her ears.But there are no minis in my mind.

hurapa3u.jpg
ututa2uz.jpg
aha4amyr.jpg

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Some people just make up what ever they want, I have never heard of it ever

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Lola would be considered a mini at 35 lbs, but she is not. She is just a small english bulldog. Her mom was only 35 lbs as well.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.