The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
Yes that utterly sucks these agencies do not take into account the love factor at all, believe me i would rather have someone who loves and cares rather than someone who can provide the best home. Hoss is a beautiful dog there are several dogs that you could fall in love with. But being a bit frank Bullies are a breed unlike any other and it takes a certain kind of person to handle one that being said I am stubborn and do not easily give up and have a stink eye like no other. Sorry it did not work, it can with a different bully who needs loving and care if you don't give up. I am hoping the Bully comes out in you cause I love my bully for him and his goofy breed.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I urge you to not give up. You love him so keep trying. I agree some rescues forget their true purpose. I mean how many people are lining up to rescue a 7yr old bully that is blind?..that's not to say give him to anyone but it's obvious you're willing to give him a loving home and care for him...You love him..fight for him and you just might be surprised!
i hope it works out..it takes a special person to do this and it sounds like you are!

OP
AllisonH

AllisonH

Jul 12, 2014
Nashville, TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hoss (Should be Gorgeous)
Someone here gave me some good advice (I WONT SAY THEIR NAME DUE TO THEIR PRIVACY), but I am fighting for dog. I called them back left a message to call me so we can try and work something out..I want my dog...LOOK AT HIM..He's GORGEOUS. Look at that face..JUST GORGEOUS!!!
attachment.php

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I'm so sorry to hear they turned down. Several years ago my kids and I went to a shelter to adopt a dog. We just wanted to give someone a home. We went thru tons of paperwork and crap and then were turned down. It really hurt my feelings. I took it personal. I haven't tried since. I look but I don't dare put in an application. It's a shame. Keep your heart open. Your baby will find you.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Too many steps?! Ha! A blind person can learn how many steps there are-and so can a dog.I always talked to mine and told her that there was another step-"step up".
I think some of these rescues go a little overboard. They should at least send someone to meet you and check things out before they make a decision. When I adopted, the dog was in N. Carolina and they located someone here in Tn. and sent them to check me and my home out. Sorry, I know how disappointed you are. He is a handsome dog!
I agree with [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION](OMG!) keep trying, bug them!

OP
AllisonH

AllisonH

Jul 12, 2014
Nashville, TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hoss (Should be Gorgeous)
That is a great suggestion!! I never thought about that. When I call them tomorrow I am going to ask if they have an affiliation with someone here in Nashville that will come out and look for them. Thank You!!

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
We didn't get the adoption. I can't believe it. We have to many steps for him b/c he is blind I can not believe it. I fell n love with him as soon as I saw him. I know that we had some issues with him having to adjust to 2 moves and the steps but give me a break, I mean really. I spoke to our vet and got some advice on what to do...I am friggin p-----d. I just can not believe this.

I just posted a rescue rant myself the other day because my friend got rejected for saying he was able to bring the dog to work with him. They never even talked to him on the phone, just an email rejection. They didn't want the dog going to work with him and they also didn't want the dog staying alone at home. Who can manage that and still pay the bills? He took it personally as well and said he was done with rescues and would just buy a dog. Its hard to keep telling people to adopt when they make it so difficult. I'm really sorry.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi Allison, so sorry to hear it did not go through. Did they offer a potential future bulldog that they think would be a great fit for your home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I agree with everyone above, fight for your dog. I would not give up!!

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
I agree with everyone above, fight for your dog. I would not give up!!

Ditto! I say fight for him! Do it for the love! ^^. Call them and ask them for compromise that you're ready to tear down your stairs if need be (ok babygates lol) and that you'll be his "guide human". Don't give up! you have our support. Wish you lots and lots of luck!

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Someone here gave me some good advice (I WONT SAY THEIR NAME DUE TO THEIR PRIVACY), but I am fighting for dog. I called them back left a message to call me so we can try and work something out..I want my dog...LOOK AT HIM..He's GORGEOUS. Look at that face..JUST GORGEOUS!!!
attachment.php
He's gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
He is gorgeous!!!!! Bocephus and I are crossing our fingers and paws for you!!!!!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I am Praying for You and Hoss(Gorgeous) He would have Wonderful Parents, Great Home, all the Love his Precious Heart can hold. Maybe some one would come to your home to meet you and see what a Wonderful Bully Mom you would make. Love to You and Hoss, Elmo and I are keeping our fingers crossed, doing a lot of Praying for You and Gorgeous.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.