No Adoption

AllisonH

Jul 12, 2014
Nashville, TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hoss (Should be Gorgeous)
We didn't get the adoption. I can't believe it. We have to many steps for him b/c he is blind I can not believe it. I fell n love with him as soon as I saw him. I know that we had some issues with him having to adjust to 2 moves and the steps but give me a break, I mean really. I spoke to our vet and got some advice on what to do...I am friggin p-----d. I just can not believe this.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
We didn't get the adoption. I can't believe it. We have to many steps for him b/c he is blind I can not believe it. I fell n love with him as soon as I saw him. I know that we had some issues with him having to adjust to 2 moves and the steps but give me a break, I mean really. I spoke to our vet and got some advice on what to do...I am friggin p-----d. I just can not believe this.

Oh no, I'm so sorry Allison :( Did they give you specific reason(s) why you cannot adopt him? I know you fell in love w/Hoss and that makes it even more painful. Please don't give up on searching for the bully that you are meant to rescue.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Do not give up.... you'll get a baby soon enough!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm sorry it did not go through. Can you call them maybe and discuss it?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Sorry to hear that you did get to adopt Hoss. Keep your mind and heart open as there is a bully in need out there for you somewhere.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh NO… I'm so sorry :( Did they give you a reason?

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
That sucks!!! I know that rescues are just trying to do what they think is best for the dogs, but I agree that sometimes they look at things too literally. Hopefully soon you will find the right bulldog to adopt

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
So sorry to hear this.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I'm so sorry! I didn't adopt (my boyfriend had never had a dog before and really wanted a puppy, next one will be a rescue), but I was totally in love with Ruckus from the moment I saw him. Please, don't stop looking! You'll find the perfect bully to adopt.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this but please don't give up.

OP
AllisonH

AllisonH

Jul 12, 2014
Nashville, TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hoss (Should be Gorgeous)
Everyone Thanks for the replies. I'm not doing this again. I really thought this was going to be a good fit. I blame myself, I jumped in way quick and just fell in love with him. I went Saturday and got him a bed to put in my office, some toys and researched to get him the grain free food. I even got him a baby gate to take upstairs at night when we go to bed. I tried to explain that at our new house their wouldn't be as many steps and that we will have a fenced in yard. I called our vet to get some advice b/c of him being blind and how to get him adjusted to the new surroundings, I even contemplated Fedexing a shirt of mine to the vet where he is staying so he could get used to my scent. I have a great job so the cost of his medicine is not an issue. I explained during the season I would be in the office, and gone on the weekends only during away games but its not like someone won't be home. I just don't understand. In all honesty he would have a better life than me, he could stay at home listen to TV, he can sleep whenever he wants, gets the house to himself during the day no other pets. To be honest his bed looks more comfortable than mine...I just don't get it.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone Thanks for the replies. I'm not doing this again. I really thought this was going to be a good fit. I blame myself, I jumped in way quick and just fell in love with him. I went Saturday and got him a bed to put in my office, some toys and researched to get him the grain free food. I even got him a baby gate to take upstairs at night when we go to bed. I tried to explain that at our new house their wouldn't be as many steps and that we will have a fenced in yard. I called our vet to get some advice b/c of him being blind and how to get him adjusted to the new surroundings, I even contemplated Fedexing a shirt of mine to the vet where he is staying so he could get used to my scent. I have a great job so the cost of his medicine is not an issue. I explained during the season I would be in the office, and gone on the weekends only during away games but its not like someone won't be home. I just don't understand. In all honesty he would have a better life than me, he could stay at home listen to TV, he can sleep whenever he wants, gets the house to himself during the day no other pets. To be honest his bed looks more comfortable than mine...I just don't get it.

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
Im so sorry!! Sounds like he would have had a great home, I just don't understand the adoption rules these days. I know they are looking out for what they feel is the in the best interest of the dog but it just doesn't make sense to me!

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I know how disappointed you feel. Just give it sometime to heal. You never know what can land on your lap . Don't give up ! You be an owner of an EBD . Take your time , hun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.