Real Name
    Buffy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dually
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: No Adoption

Im so sorry!! Sounds like he would have had a great home, I just don't understand the adoption rules these days. I know they are looking out for what they feel is the in the best interest of the dog but it just doesn't make sense to me!

Real Name
    Jessi
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lexi Lou and our Bully angel Libby.
    Likes (Received)

I am so sorry.

Doggie Boutique Owner MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

I know how disappointed you feel. Just give it sometime to heal. You never know what can land on your lap . Don't give up ! You be an owner of an EBD . Take your time , hun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin' groomzilla Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ron
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

Yes that utterly sucks these agencies do not take into account the love factor at all, believe me i would rather have someone who loves and cares rather than someone who can provide the best home. Hoss is a beautiful dog there are several dogs that you could fall in love with. But being a bit frank Bullies are a breed unlike any other and it takes a certain kind of person to handle one that being said I am stubborn and do not easily give up and have a stink eye like no other. Sorry it did not work, it can with a different bully who needs loving and care if you don't give up. I am hoping the Bully comes out in you cause I love my bully for him and his goofy breed.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

I urge you to not give up. You love him so keep trying. I agree some rescues forget their true purpose. I mean how many people are lining up to rescue a 7yr old bully that is blind?..that's not to say give him to anyone but it's obvious you're willing to give him a loving home and care for him...You love him..fight for him and you just might be surprised!
    i hope it works out..it takes a special person to do this and it sounds like you are!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hoss (Should be Gorgeous)
    Likes (Received)

Someone here gave me some good advice (I WONT SAY THEIR NAME DUE TO THEIR PRIVACY), but I am fighting for dog. I called them back left a message to call me so we can try and work something out..I want my dog...LOOK AT HIM..He's GORGEOUS. Look at that face..JUST GORGEOUS!!!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry to hear they turned down. Several years ago my kids and I went to a shelter to adopt a dog. We just wanted to give someone a home. We went thru tons of paperwork and crap and then were turned down. It really hurt my feelings. I took it personal. I haven't tried since. I look but I don't dare put in an application. It's a shame. Keep your heart open. Your baby will find you.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Too many steps?! Ha! A blind person can learn how many steps there are-and so can a dog.I always talked to mine and told her that there was another step-"step up".
    I think some of these rescues go a little overboard. They should at least send someone to meet you and check things out before they make a decision. When I adopted, the dog was in N. Carolina and they located someone here in Tn. and sent them to check me and my home out. Sorry, I know how disappointed you are. He is a handsome dog!
    I agree with @Chumley(OMG!) keep trying, bug them!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hoss (Should be Gorgeous)
    Likes (Received)

That is a great suggestion!! I never thought about that. When I call them tomorrow I am going to ask if they have an affiliation with someone here in Nashville that will come out and look for them. Thank You!!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leo & Lola
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AllisonH View Post
    We didn't get the adoption. I can't believe it. We have to many steps for him b/c he is blind I can not believe it. I fell n love with him as soon as I saw him. I know that we had some issues with him having to adjust to 2 moves and the steps but give me a break, I mean really. I spoke to our vet and got some advice on what to do...I am friggin p-----d. I just can not believe this.
    I just posted a rescue rant myself the other day because my friend got rejected for saying he was able to bring the dog to work with him. They never even talked to him on the phone, just an email rejection. They didn't want the dog going to work with him and they also didn't want the dog staying alone at home. Who can manage that and still pay the bills? He took it personally as well and said he was done with rescues and would just buy a dog. Its hard to keep telling people to adopt when they make it so difficult. I'm really sorry.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hi Allison, so sorry to hear it did not go through. Did they offer a potential future bulldog that they think would be a great fit for your home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I agree with everyone above, fight for your dog. I would not give up!!
    My smooshy face boy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads