Rosie

shobbsie

Mar 28, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Two
Am I ever in a pickle....
A neighbor recently got a 5 year old female bulldog from someone who had bred her repeatedly. This neighbor has had Rosie for around three months. Her husband is military and is currently deployed. Now this neighbor has decided she no longer wants Rosie. This neighbor is currently out of town until Saturday and her friend, who has a bulldog, has been sitting Rosie while this neighbor is away. This is such a confusing story...sorry...I'm just so angry right now. Anyway, the woman who is sitting says Rosie is an Alpha female and is fighting with her bulldog and they both want me to take Rosie. I have a 2 year old female and don't want to bring in a dog who may fight her. Lucy wouldn't know what to do.
I can't find a bulldog rescue in Kansas and our local shelter is kill shelter. I'm pretty sure if a solution isn't found before Saturday (when this neighbor comes home) that is where Rosie will end up. People infuriate me!!!
Suggestions?

I stole the picture of Rosie from this neighbor's FB page.

Attachments

• 10402665_10202238748067239_6231398057169212508_n.jpg
    10402665_10202238748067239_6231398057169212508_n.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 140

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I am going to tag someone who might know of a rescue in the area. [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] any suggestions??

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
There isn't a rescue in Kansas but I will get with bumper and see if they can help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Poor baby! It infuriates me how people can treat animals like they're simply expendable...almost like a piece of furniture you had buyer's remorse over. I've heard after being bred repeatedly and not given the love as being part of a home that female bullies can be aggressive with other dogs that aren't super submissive. She probably needs to be the only pet in a home. I hope you can find a rescue for her!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
seems to be in the air lately..... :(

OP
shobbsie

shobbsie

Mar 28, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Two
Thanks. I contacted my Vet and they gave me the phone number for a rescue group, "Friends of Animals". This neighbor won't be back in town until Saturday. It's another neighbor (one of her best friends) who is sitting Rosie now. Friends of animals is at their max right now. I do know there are Bulldog rescues in St. Louis, MO and in Oklahoma. I'm in North East/Central Kansas and am willing to drive this girl to a rescue. Obviously I'm at disadvantage at this point as I'm not her owner. I'm going to talk to Rosie's owner when she gets back into town and try to have several options for her then. This is so sad. I thought Rosie was acclimating very well with this family (they have two daughters and a smaller dog). I was kind of surprised when the family went to another state for vacation and took their other dog and left Rosie.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Aww poor Rosie. I don't understand people most of the time. Terrible.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thanks. I contacted my Vet and they gave me the phone number for a rescue group, "Friends of Animals". This neighbor won't be back in town until Saturday. It's another neighbor (one of her best friends) who is sitting Rosie now. Friends of animals is at their max right now. I do know there are Bulldog rescues in St. Louis, MO and in Oklahoma. I'm in North East/Central Kansas and am willing to drive this girl to a rescue. Obviously I'm at disadvantage at this point as I'm not her owner. I'm going to talk to Rosie's owner when she gets back into town and try to have several options for her then. This is so sad. I thought Rosie was acclimating very well with this family (they have two daughters and a smaller dog). I was kind of surprised when the family went to another state for vacation and took their other dog and left Rosie.

Sent you a pm for a bulldog rescue contact through bcarn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
shobbsie

shobbsie

Mar 28, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Two
You guys are great. Thanks Bullmama. I've also gotten good advice should I decide to take Rosie. There are now options (myself included; I was afraid of taking in a supposed Alpha female when the case may be poor introduction among the dogs) I will not let this baby slip through the cracks......

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh gosh this is heartbreaking… I hate to say this but military families have a horrible reputation for throwing away animals. We are retired military, and obviously NOT the norm… it makes me SO angry when people do this :cursing:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You guys are great. Thanks Bullmama. I've also gotten good advice should I decide to take Rosie. There are now options (myself included; I was afraid of taking in a supposed Alpha female when the case may be poor introduction among the dogs) I will not let this baby slip through the cracks......

Love hearing this! I hope things will work out for Rosie as she so deserves that loving, permanent home.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
What a sad story I so hope she gets a loving family to live with which she deserves

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.