Rosie

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Update: The sitter informed me yesterday that Rosie had bit her bulldog (granted, there are 5-6 kids running around her house plus a Boston Terrier and Daisy the EBD). When I talked to a prospective rescue I was honest as Rosie had broken skin on Daisy's neck, drew blood, and left quite the laceration (sitter showed me a pic on her phone). That rescue doesn't take dogs with a bite history but they can put us in contact with a couple who will. I found 3 other possibilities, but now the sitter is not answering my calls or texts. I'm hoping she is just busy. The sitter also told me last night that another friend is now taking care of Rosie because she doesn't want Rosie around her kids and dogs. I wish I had better news to share and will keep you updated when I found out anything.

OMG hope the sitter didn't just throw her away and give her to just anyone! The poor girl must be very stressed and confused right now. Sorry to hear about the biting and the rescue not taking her in. Hope solution can be made and fast!

OP
shobbsie

shobbsie

Mar 28, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Two
The sitter is a neighbor, as is the owner. I'll find out one way or another ;)

OP
shobbsie

shobbsie

Mar 28, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Two
Final Update! I finally found out what happened with Rosie. The woman who owned her has not come home yet! Anyway, there is a Kansas multi breed rescue that took her; however, when the director and his wife showed up to evaluate Rosie they said the wife's Mom had a 10 year old bully who'd passed away a few months ago. Apparently they hit it off with Rosie. This group is highly visible in the community (fund raisers and adoption events) so I'll update if I find out anything else.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Final Update! I finally found out what happened with Rosie. The woman who owned her has not come home yet! Anyway, there is a Kansas multi breed rescue that took her; however, when the director and his wife showed up to evaluate Rosie they said the wife's Mom had a 10 year old bully who'd passed away a few months ago. Apparently they hit it off with Rosie. This group is highly visible in the community (fund raisers and adoption events) so I'll update if I find out anything else.

Interesting.... I so hope it was a good fit for her.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Thanks for the update - hopefully Rosie will end up in a good home. I can't believe that her owner hasn't even come home yet and just left her. That is horrible.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww this story is so sad, I hope this lady is a good fit and keeps Rosie, she deserves a good permanent home.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online